Kitty Harrassment... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Kitty Harrassment...

Okay I have ben having this problem for some time and have been using spray bottles and scolding and such... but it isn't helping.

My aunt's two cats keep harrassing my cat. they wait outside the door of my bedroom and make her nervous. they bolt in here and smack her a little. nothing really bad unless Dori comes in adn they get in a real cat fight which hasn't happened in a long time.

I've taken to shutting my door when I'm not home. Ever since I came home to my desk a mess more than twice. She needs her peace and if I'm not here to keep it I think it's better that way.

I can not bear to be separated from her... she's become an emotional crutch for me I guess. In my stress with school and work and insomnia the very thought of taking her back to my parents where my two dogs are and my horses... its unbearable. It brings me nearly to tears just to think about it...

so this is my dilemma... does anyone have any suggestions? My poor baby is 10 and under 5 pounds (I feed her high caloric food and she's gainiing a little. keeping it is hard.). She's not a real old kitty and she's got a lot spunk to her but... she's so scared of the others. she never leaves my room any more. now that its warm I take her bed to the open front door and sit on the couch to spray anyone who approches her but I wish she could play like she used to... please any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Cats are territorial animals and your aunt's cats are trying to tell your cat that this is THEIR house and she needs to respect that. Not fair, I know, that it's how cats are.

To try and even things out, why not try locking up the two bad cats and let your cat have full run of the house for a few hours? That way, her scent can get onto things and she'll have a chance to make her presence be acknowledge.

And, your cat needs her own everything (if she doesn't already). Her own bed, her own cat box, her own food bowl and her own scratcher. These items will be HERS and only hers.

Other than that, I would suggest keeping them separated. If the two cats are having run of the house, keep your cat in the bedroom. And if you're letting your cat have run of the house, keep the others locked in their room (bathroom, second bedroom, etc).

I hope this helps a little.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

I've already done all this but I can't get the concept across to these cats that they need to stay out of my bedroom. My cat has been here more than they have, living here more than a year. However, these are just more dominant cats I guess...

she has her own litter, food, everything is in my room. Why? She's too scared to walk around my room let alone the house itself! She's content here I suppose... especially with warm weather I'm opening the window for her.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.

Tags
food bowl