Kitty waking me up - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Kitty waking me up

This morning Trinity woke me up at 6:00 which is when I wake up monday wednesday and friday. But Tuesdays and Thursday I can sleep in till 8:30. It started out with her getting in my face and just looking at me, which ussally seems to wake me up dunno how.
I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Then she starts walking on me. Now she started doing this thing where sniffs my face and her whiskers tickle my nose and then she puts her wet nose on my eye lid (I dunno if this is a human rendition of a kitty kiss). THEN she tried licking my eye lid (that feels weird). So I half asleep pet her for about an hour. But she gets fed up with this and starts running all over my room like a mad kitty. She knocks everything off onto the floor which would be ok if my house had carpet but its hard wood floors so even the smallest thing dropping makes a loude noise. Then I finnaly got up, I had not opened my door yet and she ran a circle around my bed at what seemed to be 80 miles per hour, jumped onto my dresser, jumped back onto the bed then jumped ontop of my sterio. Any suggestions on getting her to sleep and wake up when I sleep and wake up??

The only thing that I can think of is starting at 6 she takes a 3 to 4 hour nap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:37 AM

Basically the only thing to do to get your kitty not to wake you up is to lock her out of your room. Cats are nocturnal and are most active in the late evening and very early morning. Your lucky she's not waking you up at 4AM. Is her food and litterbox in the room with you? If not then she might want to eat and/or go to the bathroom. If it is then she might just want to run around with kitty zoomies.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Food and litter box is in my room. Kitty zoomies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:49 AM

By Zoomies (usually a term used by dog owners) I mean the time of day they just want to run around and play. My cats like to run around and chase each other at top speed throughout the house or they try to frantically "kill" their toys. It's "hunting time" for them. My cats do it around 11PM and 4AM Then they sleep ALL DAY. If only I could be reincarnated as one of my cats.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I've had that problem with my cat Kitty, she used to think because she was up so should i and thats not great at 3 or 4am My cat has free access all over the house, i used to lock her out of my bedroom and she used to wail at my door to be let in but i tried reverse physcology with her and didn't bow down to her every need and basically tried to ignore her and she has gotten a whole lot better, she still occasionally wakes me up but its nothing like she used to be. Have you tried playing with you cat of an evening to see if this helps tire her out or have you tried feeding her last thing at night before bed as after food a cat normally likes to take a nap?

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:30 PM

I have 7 cats. I now sleep with the door closed LOL I gave up the battle a long time ago. If a cat wants to sleep on your head or play with your toes, not much will stop them.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm gone until around 5 at school so i am pretty sure she sleeps. I leave food and water for her in a dish in my room. She stays in my room because my roommate is a light sleeper and when I forget to latch or put a chair in front of my door (my door swells and doesnt close all the way) she will get out. Trinity is very odd she doesnt like being alone. I go to the basement to do laundry and I hear that horrible siemese meow. I have now taken her into the bathroom with me because she will yowl the whole time im showering. My roommate is not a moring person and shes told me if she is not in my room and she wakes her up she might kick her outside . I'm pretty sure if i kick her out of my room she will yowl when I'm in my room sleeping.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM

I'm not home very often but when I am, I dont let them go to sleep. I play with them or let them out of my room so they wont go to sleep. Once night comes they just go to bed with me. At times they will wake up extra early and fight with each other and run around like they're psycho and knock everything over but thats only sometimes.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

how do you keep them awake, if i catch Trinity laying down I either pet her to wake her up or pick her up and put her on the floor. but when she gets really fed up with that she goes under my bed in the box spring lining... I have been told just to cut it out. But my friend Scott said that its her comfort zone (she went there when she was sick).
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Miss New Booty

Dena! Kitty Zoomies!! Ya no kidding! We are up at 3 am, so we see those! My 3 go in their room at night. They aren't allowed in our bedroom anymore, we tried that! LOL! They knocked everything over and acted like nuts!
Is there any way maybe you could put her in your bathroom at night or do you and your roomie share a bathroom? Or maybe she might meow too much..

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 03:44 PM

I play with them with some interactive toys or I let them out of the room. Since they are not allowed out much they get pretty exited and stay up. Of course, sometimes enough is enough and I can't keep them up much. That's when they wake me up at 5 in the morning with their play fights and Simba digs into the covers to lick me.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Its honestly the size of two bathtubs. Amandas bedroom is right next to the bathroom. The basement is too dangerious. In West Seattle where i live theres a huge Norweigian rat problem, those rats are the size of Trinity, and she will Meow. My roommate is going to be gone till saturday so i think i might try and see if I can keep her out of my bedroom maybe she will learn her lesson. Once she wakes me up pick her up put her out in the living room shut my door or mayke her sleep out there.

Last edited by Trickiesmurf; 04-26-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Tags
dog owners, litter box