KMR for 6 week old Kitten? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Question

We just adopted a 6 week old kitten from CL, and I didn't do the math until I got home with it, otherwise I would have insisted on not taking it until it was older, but the birthday was July 2nd... anyways, I am wondering if I should be using KMR with her food to make sure she is healthy. We are feeding a premium food already. Thanks in advance for any information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Jmo, I used KMR when I first brought mine home as wasnt real sure on the ages and they also kept trying to suckle on my fingers or earlobe all the time. I just put some to the side of thier dish three times a day to supplement the diet and ensure they were getting enough nutrients. I only did this for about a week and then weaned it down the second week to none. I didnt mix with the food as they were eating pretty well actually. I'm glad I did also as it turned out they were each only about 4 weeks old when I rescued them about 2 months apart from each other. Lol the 2 are the best of buddies now and joined at the hip. The even use the litter box together ewww
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

6 week old is old enough to be weaned, and the breeder should have introduced her to solid food already. You can surely feed her kitten food without any problem... However, you should take her to the vet for a check-up and for her first shots ASAP. Congratulations on the new kitten!

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

she's old enough and should be fine

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Tags
kitten food, litter box