Komet, continually heavily drooling. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Komet, continually heavily drooling.

it is guessed, that he got into one of those seasonal cinnamon scented pinecones- but it's not for sure, he drools-puddles and puddles, and thats not an exageration. he is still active, but then takes off into a room alone, only to be found- drooling again. we keep giving him water- called the vet, and he told us that they aren't poisonous to cats, but it could have beenmade with essential oils.. so if any of you have any more advice for us, please do share.. he doesn't seem ill, but earlier, he was dripping from his eyes, nose, and mouth, but thank goodness that cleared up- now it's just the drool. please and thank you. <3

-kayleen- <3
Tigger Jersey Komet Pickle [my kitties]
Kaida
[crowntail betta]
Temperance [bearded dragon]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- click to help me grow! :]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Years ago one of our cats, Chrissy, went over to a cup of tea that had lemon in it. She didn't drink any but she ran away salivating terribly. I don't remember it lasting too long.
I would keep a very close eye on him and call the vet back if anything should change. I love the smell of those pinecones but I worry about what they use on them to make them smell that good. Still I wouldn't think a cat would go after them - you just never know.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 AM

I guess I would have still ran my baby to the vet to have had him/her checked out. I'm a worry wart. My Kirby got into one of those glow sticks one time and had a terrible reaction to it - so much drooling - foaming at the mouth and he ran everywhere trying to get away from it, it was terrible. I ran him to the vet so fast and I didn't care who stopped me in the process. If I were to get a ticket for speeding, I didn't even care! I keep those nasty things out of reach now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Did you tell the vet everything you told us? i would think he would want to see him. If the vet thinks hes all right just keep a close eye on him. maybe you could try to rinse his mouth some? maybe he got some cinnamon on his tongue and it burns? like cinnamon candies? im just pulling strings here ive no idea. is there anything else he could have possibly gotten into? keep an eye on him, and if he gets worse, or doesnt stop by morning i would take him in somewhere.

My Furry Family
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Playful Pup

are you sure that's what he got into? I would think the vet would want to see him too, just to be safe. I agree, I'd take him somewhere if it lasts for long.

~ Nipper
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Just to fill everyone in, it was the scented pinecones he got into, he wanted to chew on them just like regular pine cones, you know how cats are. Well, the scented pinecones are coated with oil nowadays, hence the intense reaction, it soaked into his cheeks immediately, and water wasn't rinsing it out, because, well, its an oil. took about three days, but it cleared up. now we no longer get the scented pinecones. just candles. :]

-kayleen- <3
Tigger Jersey Komet Pickle [my kitties]
Kaida
[crowntail betta]
Temperance [bearded dragon]

<- click to help me grow! :]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good to hear he's fine now. Probably that scented pinecone had some more ingredients in it.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!