Kramer Meets Martin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

Thumbs down Kramer Meets Martin

I am watching my friend Barb's son Matt's cat named Martin (did I confuse you?) for 7 weeks while Matt is off in Oklahoma for training for his job. Barb and Matt brought over Martin and all his stuff today and Kramer and Martin Met. At first it seemed like they would get along ok because nothing happened, then every time Martin took a step Kramer would meow this ticked off Meow that would last for a long time, anyways we figured it would get better and Kramer would get over Martin invading his space and they would get along. It only GOT WORSE to the point that Kramer would do this ticked meow every time Martin would twich his ear.

I called Barb around 9 and told her what was going on and told her I was thinking of putting Martin down in my brothers room because it is bigger than mine and he would have a lot of space to rome for the 7 weeks that he's here and she said it was a good idea. Martin is a lot happier now that he is free to walk around with out being yelled at by Kramer and Kramer is alot happier now that he doesn't see Martin coming up to me and me petting him. I do believe Kramer was Jelous (sp?) because I was paying attention to Martin and not him since I am his person.

Kramer now won't let me out of his sight every where I go he goes. Unless I go down into my brothers room then I leave him on the other side of the door. Do you guys think I did the right thing? Both cats seem happier, I just hope I did what was best.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Erin

Kramer sounds like my Sylvester. He hates new comers for about 2 months, then he can't get enough of them.

I'm sure that's no help to you

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Punx, mine always hissed and meowed at first then adapted, but it might be better to keep the one cat downstairs, because what if Kramer ended up really liking him, he'd be sad when his friend ahd to leave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

You have a point Capn' Kramer would get upset if he did like Martin and Martin leaves after a couple of weeks.

I have decided to keep Martin in the Basement with my brother, after we put him down there he started purring and was more relaxed so I think I did the right thing by seperating the two. I will get a picture of Martin to show you guys later on after my brother is up.

Kramer is still all over me and being lovie dovie with me its so cute.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog: