Last Week - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Last Week

Last week a friend of mine came over to help me clean (because my roommate wont help me). So since we were going to use some chemicals we put her in her kennel for a while (we were doing the hard wood floors and had to leave the doors open and what not, my roommate said i cant put Trinity in the bathroom without my supervision or her bed room for obvious reasons.) obay her wishes i put trinity in her kennel. She was only in there for an hour or two (and she in there that long when i go to my parents house). Well the other day there was this residue where Trinities kennel was on top of my antique Dresser. She either was so mad at me for doing this she got back at me by peeing in her kennel or she really had to go. So does anyone have any idea how to get this stuff off my dresser. It doesnt stink. It jsut looks gross. And i think i might have to have my uncle refinish it because it looks like the stain is bubbling where it got wet. Its over 100 years old. Any suggestions at least to get the pee off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I don't know since the wood is so old but... I use a citrus Goo Be Gone spray that works really well for most anything I need to get out or off something.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Cat pee stains are almost impossible to remove from wood ... they usually leave dark stains similar to how it might look if it were burnt. Try to get as much residue off as you can using a wood-safe cleaner. If a stain remains your only option is to strip and refinish -- but I'll go ahead and warn you that if the spot was allowed to soak in urine it may have been absorbed a good ways in ... sometimes your only option is to resurface. I know a lot of people with hardwood floors have these difficulties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Yeah I might have my uncle do that for me... it scratched and stuff already and it had a goopy stain on it already but now it has a perfect square goopy stain which just looks odd! And she sleeps on it now, its lie her little area. grr