Photos! letting my kittens in bed. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

letting my kittens in bed.

I have 2 male kittens about 5 months old, who i have had for 2 months. They are both extremely friendly, sweet, affectionate and playful, fully litterbox trained (including covering). Not yet fixed (but soon). Within 2 weeks of adopting them, they got worms. Since i never owned cats before, i didnt know what it was, just that one of them was sick and throwing up a lot. During the two days that symptoms showed up and before i got them to the vet and treated them, one of them peed in my bed. up untik then, i had encouraged them to spend nights in my room. Well, since i got the worm problem taken care of, they have been fine mostly. One of them peed once on the bathmat right by the kitty pan the first day of their medicine and one of them had a big smelly accident by my front door on am umbrella the same day (not sure which one or if the accidents were by the same cat)... But all of those instances were within a day or two of symptoms of having worms showed up and beginning treatment, and all over a month ago. My question is, since after they peed in my bed i no longer allowed them in my room, is it okay and wise if i let them come back and sleep with me again? Do i still run a risk they will have another accident? What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

There is always a chance any animal will have an accident young or old, if you feel comfortable letting them back in I personally would my kitties use to sleep in bed with us till i had my daughter. It sounds like they maybe marking there territory if there treated and still doing this then neuturing might be a good idea.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

no, they're not still doing it. they did it once. the question i posed because i haven't given them an opportunity to do it again. i haven't let them in my bedroom since the one isolated time they peed on my bed.

AFAIK, the only times they've had an accident (the three I already cited) was while they were sick. and from what I understand, illness often correlate with inappropriate elimination. right? i'm certainly no expert...

my original plan was not to let them back in to my room until after they got spayed. vets around my area don't want to spay them until they are six months, so they have a few more weeks still. but they've been clawing at my door and i really WANT to let them in. i cuddle them all the time and they love me. but i'm nervous.

laundry's not easy for me since i rent and the laundromat has terrible hours and is two blocks from my house (no car, urban setting). so i consider the risks a little bit higher than others, i guess.

if it were you, would you let the kittens back in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoandschrodi View Post
no, they're not still doing it. they did it once. the question i posed because i haven't given them an opportunity to do it again. i haven't let them in my bedroom since the one isolated time they peed on my bed.

AFAIK, the only times they've had an accident (the three I already cited) was while they were sick. and from what I understand, illness often correlate with inappropriate elimination. right? i'm certainly no expert...

my original plan was not to let them back in to my room until after they got spayed. vets around my area don't want to spay them until they are six months, so they have a few more weeks still. but they've been clawing at my door and i really WANT to let them in. i cuddle them all the time and they love me. but i'm nervous.

laundry's not easy for me since i rent and the laundromat has terrible hours and is two blocks from my house (no car, urban setting). so i consider the risks a little bit higher than others, i guess.

if it were you, would you let the kittens back in?
here either they dont spay or neuture till six month my moe thats my orange kitty in my status was allowed in our room till he got neutured so id take a chance i mean if they arent doing it anywhere else since there not sick anymore
so im sure it will be fine.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sounds like you already have good plans for them, maybe set up their own bed on your room.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!

Tags
bed, cuddles, inappropriate elimination, litter box, worms