Lillian & The Vet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Lillian & The Vet

So I have 3 cats. Orson-the Human Boy/Whiner cat, Kai-the so lovable it's annoying cat. And Lillian-the **** Cat!

Today they all went to the vet, they have tapeworm, and it was time for their vaccines. Oby whines about going, Kai doesn't care (I'm pretty certain she was a dog in her past life!) and Lillian-who the second she even see's the cat carrier she starts foaming at the mouth.....Litterally!

So they got some Drontal for the tapeworm, and their vaccines.
Lillian is sensitive to some of them, so she can't get them-Giardia I think. She foams at the mouth, and is just a really unpleasant cat to deal with at the Vet's office. They have to break out "The Gloves" to handle her. So aside from the usual act she throws at the vets office, she seemed Ok. Until just about 10 minutes ago when we had decided to go to bed. She crawled up on Keith's lap, and Peed on him. Through a comforter, his sleep pants, and the mattress is soaked! Is there a reason other than being pissy that she's doing this???? Will she stop doing it?

Jenn...if you can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it!!!!! And of course, anyone else who might have any idea's as well!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Is she acting lethargic? Any differences in her activity levels, or personality? I would say it may be a reaction from the medicine, or maybe she got hurt at the vets when they tried to hold her down...I would call the vet though, and see if it is a side effect of the drug. Has she been doing it at all today?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Well today she's acting normal, normal for her that is. She's really kind of a "Pet Me on My Terms" kinda cat. Her only saving grace is that she adores Casey, and pretty much lets her do whatever she wants to her.
I think she was just mad at us for taking her to the vet. My cats do not go outside, so when they are forced to do so, it kinda puts a buggar in their day. Lillian in particular hates going outside, and I made her share a carrier with Kai, whom she barely tollerates to begin with. Dr. Mac said if she's till doing it on Monday, to give him a call, he said that sometimes stress can cause a UTI so to keep an eye on her.
It probably doesn't help that I trimmed their nails, and gave them baths before their visit to the vet either!

Forgot to add....Lillian has to take Oral Benedryll and a Steroid before her vaccines, her temp spikes when she gets them, my old vet told me it may be because her mother cat couldn't tolerate vaccine's either, so it may be something genetic. But we really have to keep an eye on her when she gets vaccine's to make sure her temp doesn't go really high. Last year we got her vaccines on a Sat Evening, and by 5am sunday morning her temp was so high that her eyes were glassy, and she was really stiff and wouldn't move so we had to take her to the EVet in Trapper PA, and that was like a $500 visit, so we really keep an eye on her, especially considering that we haven't got an Evet in the area here.

~W.C. Fields

Last edited by TweedleDeedle3; 07-02-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Jeez. Yeah I was thinking if she keeps it up, she may have a UTI. Have you noticed if she's peeing many times, but not much pee? Also, UTIs are VERY VERY VERY painful, so if she's acting irritated even moreso during the next couple days it could be because of that.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

To be honest, I wouldn't know if Lillian was acting out of the ordinary, she's not my biggest fan, she's Keith's cat, she only likes him and Casey. I could move to Antartica and she wouldn't care. Also, she'll only use the litter box upstairs, she won't use the downstairs one, I don't think it affords her the privacy she likes to pee. But I am watching for blood in her urine, and multiple pee spots. We use Swheat Scoop so it would be easy to spot.

~W.C. Fields
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thats probably all you can do then. Keep an eye on her, and hope that is nothing serious, she was just cranky.