Litter training? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Litter training?

Does anyone have any suggestions on litter training a cat? I have no clue how to because all the indoor cats I've owned naturally did it themselves....My mom and I picked our kitten (now about 3 1/2 months) up off the street, and he does not like to use the box!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Part of the Pack

Just a few ideas... Put him in the box every fifteen minutes after he eats for about an hour, he should go during that time and get the idea. If you catch him scratching or seeming like he might be looking for a place to go put him in the box, if you find feces on the floor, place it in the box and show it to him. if you catch him in the middle of urinating or defecating, spray him with water and then put him in his box. If there is a place where you usually find he's gone to the bathroom, put the litter box there, he might get the hint and start to go in the box. I hope some of these ideas work. let me know how things work out!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thank you very much for posting this thread lol cuz you saved me the trouble of asking myself. My mom and I just adopted a stray some of her co-workers found and we have decided we are going to take her some...and I am trying to go through a mental check list of all the stuff we need to do.
I really want to take her to a vet...already because I am really afraid she might have something...I don't think she does she looks perfectly healthy and is very active...but still its one of those things I would like to have cleared up.
lol but yeah littering training is certainly something on the to do list.
So thanks for the tips!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Part of the Pack

All I had to do was take my kittens 2 front paws and help her dig in it, then every so minutes put her in and did it again... she caught on within the first day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
indoor cat, indoor cats, litter box, litter train, litter training