Lola: non-pooping insanity - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Lola: non-pooping insanity

*sigh* what a girl, I tell ya. Never met a cat like her.

When given her I was told she uses the toilet. Well, she seems so royally unimpressed with my facilities Won't do any business unless the litter pan is on the seat. And she only poos once a day. So today I'm going to get a litter box, to see if she prefers pooping in it more. The one-poop-a-day concerns me, and I think it bothers her.

I am also, today, getting adult food to wean her onto. She's about a year old, and I feel it's time. She's a great physique, with a stupid amount of energy. I keep her bowl containing some food. She's a nibbler. She has a little, then 5 minutes later I'm practically scraping her off the walls, no joke. Could the food also be her pooping issue?

She also prefers her water bowl half full. If I fill it too much, she knocks it around until half of it is on the floor, and half in the bowl. Little stinker!

Any ideas on the pooping/food scenario? I'm going to do what I'd planned, get a litter box and adult food to wean her onto. See if that makes a difference. Any ideas at all are appreciated! This girl's a handful, I love it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

Some days it really amazes me on how all cats have such unique personalities. You need to share more pics of her!

As for the food and pooping issue. I really don't know if she's only pooping once a day from the food she's eating. I would definitely try to wean her off of kitten food, she can have adult food already and see if that helps. What do you have her on right now? Are you going to put her on the same brand of adult food?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

she's finishing off the kitten food she came with...Iams. I'm not getting her more of that brand. I picked up a small bag of adult cat eukanuba, and put a little in her bowl tonight. she had some, liked it i guess lol. I also got a litter box, scooper, new collar, harness, leash, shampoo, treats. she's always howling to go run in the hallway. so with the harness and leash, now i can let her run about and explore. and she's smart, so it shouldn't be hard to train her that she CAN go out there now, but only if her harness is on. I'll be setting up the litter box tonight, we'll see what she does lol. i hope she likes it. she seems rather unimpressed with the toilet idea. always wants to dig, but can't. kinda feel like i'm denying her something. we'll see how the next week goes!

yeah pictures....my webcam is lousy. i can try again this week but all you'll see is black cat with no eyes lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

well, I fixed the problem with her always getting into trouble. Today, the girl i work with, her roommate gave me her cat tree. It has two upper teirs with quiet rattley balls hanging off them. in the middle is a house, then there's the base a foot down. stopped her from scratching my couch, instantly! she didn't get off it for an hour

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer loves his cat tree, although when mad at me will still scratch the couch and bed oh well such is the life of a cat's slave

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.