Lola's here!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Lola's here!!

My kitty came today!

I've named her Lola. She's approx. 1 year, spayed, vaccinated, and came with all her things. She's toilet trained too. Right now I have her litter pan on the toilet so she gets used to my toilet. She's all ready inspected that scenario a few times, so I'm not concerned. She's very affectionate too. Jumps on my lap and rubs herself into my stomach. She's talkative too, but as if she really knows conversation. She just meowed at me a bit, so I picked her up. She rubbed into me, had her paws on my shoulders and was rubbing her head into my neck. And she tells me about when she finds new interesting things here. She found the windowsill and told me about it. She found the litter pan on the toilet and told me about it. Found the bath tub, sat in it, told me about it. Found the mice, likes to stare but seemingly doesn't feel compelled to paw at the cages...told me about it. She's a riot! And very smart, adventurous and curious. She's energetic but not hyper. She's a petite frame and the perfect weight. Not a lazy lump at all. She came with all her accessories, and fun toys. She's a REAL character, I love it. I was so sure Lola was a great name choice. And she likes the name, looks at me when I say it, and comes to me when I ask her to. What a dear!!
Oh yeah, she's black, short hair but so soft and light like long hair. And she does have long hair on her tail, but even it's only 2 inches. She even sits pretty for you while you clip her nails. She's unreal, and intelligent. We're going to keep each other entertained Maybe in a week when she's settled in, I'm going to start teaching her tricks and things, one at a time. She has a lot of smarts in her. She's all ready responding when I tell her to leave the mice alone. (she can't get into the cages anyways). And she stands there and stares, but she doesn't paw at the cage, not once, just stares, tail flapping lol.

Apparently she's all ready learned "down"... I just caught her on the shelf near the cages, staring, and i said down 3 times and pointed at the floor, and down she went. She got a treat for that. Amazing how fast she learned that, been here maybe 3 hours.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Hello Earthling

Awww.... Congrats!
She so cute and seems really smart too

More pictures???

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

lol no sorry, no more pictures. I can fiddle with my webcam this week, but it's awful at taking in light unless it's a lamp right in your face. I don't have a camera but I'll see what I can do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Sounds like shes fitting in purfectly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congratulations! She's very sweet.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

aww What a sweetie
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Congrats on the new addition! She looks very sweet and I hope that she will be a great companion.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

thanks! she is all ready, she demands her affectionate moments, i love it!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

what a cutie pie lol...she has a sweet little face

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

thanks happydancer she is a real sweetheart. i've all ready trained her since last night, to jump up to my chest when i stand and pat my chest ans say "up". she jumps up and i catch her and she gets neck snuggles. what a charmer lol

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 AM

Awwe, mulder, she is absolutely adorable! And your description of her is so wonderful. You two sound like you are already hitting it off great. She sounds smart! I can't wait for somemore pictures. My new kitten is the life of the house! I have tons of pictures to download, just wait til you see how he has grown. I love the name you picked for her. She looks SO soft. Give kitty loves for me!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Guarded by Waffles

very cute cat!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

aww such a cutie! ^^

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"