Look everyone! Flame had her kittens! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Look everyone! Flame had her kittens!

Congratulations to "Ritz-o-cats Flame of Rarebreed" on her first full litter of kittens! Last year flame birthed her first litter and only produced one lonely kitten. This year, Flame is the proud mommy of six beautiful purebreed Exotics! Flame went into labor on June 9th, 2004 and when the first kitten was about to arrive, Flame came to me and cried at me until I followed her to her birthing box. Once I got the hint and followed, she jumped into the box, layed on her side, and began pushing. She was not jarred by my presence and allowed me to assist with the births and to share this wonderful experience with her. And who said that cats aren't smart? Flame was in labor for a total of 4 hours and it was worth every minute. Aren't they darling? Thank you to Ritz-o-cats for helping Flame breed a beautiful litter! We, here at Rarebreed Cattery, are very thankful for your efforts and very proud of our new additions!

Upcoming Events:
Check back on June 16th for our next litter! The one lonely kitten birthed by Flame is now a spunky teenager and her name is "Rarebreed Lucy." According to our vet, Lucy is expecting 5 kittens and we couldn't be more excited. Please keep Lucy in your thoughts and prayers as she has a bit of an attitude (we call it tortie-tude becasue she's a tortie) and I am worried about her reactions to her first litter. Hopefully all will go well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 PM

Congrats! What a beautiful momma. Cute kitties.

I hope Lucy's birth goes as well as her momma's.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 11:59 PM

They must be really cute little kittens with those mugs. I can't wait to see more pics as they get older!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww wittle baby kitties!! Thanks for sharing, wish you the best of luck!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Awww, they are sooo cute!!!! So, when do we get close ups?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Close ups of Kittens!

Here's the close ups! As nature takes it's course, Flame has been left with 4 surviving kittens from her litter of 6. Those kittens are pictured here, but please keep them in your prayers as we have already lost 2. The remaining 4 are eating well and gaining weight rapidly, so hopefully this trend will continue. Unfortunately, the two that we lost refused to eat from momma, and the bottle and eye dropper were no substitute. May my little "Creme Puff" and "Tigger" rest in peace.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 08:11 PM

what cuties ... congrats
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 11:42 PM

What a pretty momma!

I'd love to see pictures of the babies as they grow.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

congrats on the litter and on the future litter by lucy!

i'm so sorry for your loss of the 2. may they R.I.P.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 PM

Congrats! I'll be saying kitty prayers for the 4 little kitties.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 03:01 PM

They are very cute!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Lucy had her babies! Check our new thread for teh whole story as well as close ups of the babies.