Looking for a Devon Rex Cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Looking for a Devon Rex Cat

Hey guys,

I'm in CT and i have recently fallen in love with this cute little breed. all of my friends think i'm nuts for liking such and as they put it "Ugly." cat but i love them anyways and i want one of my own.

The problem is i can't find anywhere that lists how much kittens are and i can't find anything in the state of CT so i would have to have the kitten shipped without being able to go visit the cattery. And any place where i've found a price it is usually a $900 cat even for pet quality.

Do any of you know where i can look?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure, but good luck! Devon rexes are my favorite cat breed Be sure to post pictures if you find one!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

I don't know either,since rex cats are unheard of around here.
I love the breed too and second the picture thing if you find one.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello Earthling

Have you looked for rescues?? If you can't find a Devon Rex a little mutt cat from a shelter is just as good if not better.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Betta Bomb

I second Canadian Critter!!! I admire favorite breeds from afar such as ragdolls and havana browns... And Great Dane dogs.... I prefer mutts of all my animals
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

All of my current pets are rescues except for one which was given to be by a family friend who breeds a few christmases ago.

I guess i kinda just wanted a animal i could spoil myself by getting. I love rescues don't get me wrong but i really want this one. and seeing as around here adoption from shelters cost start around $75 and more often $100 if i can get a pure of the breed i want for a similar cost then why not go for it?

If i find something i'll let you guys know.

Pet's name:
Baby

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
RAT ADDICT

Devon rex rescues may exist! You could look around.Also ask your vet,they may know of a rescue or reputable breeder.

Are you in the USA? I can try help you find one.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks, I am in the USA I live in Connecticut. I found a few in Flordia and mass who said they might be willing to ship or do a part way drive for pickup if the weather is good when i finally get all the info together i want for purchasing.

Pet's name:
Baby

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah, but when you adopt, generally the cat is already fixed, if not going to be. You adopt a cat, it's already fixed, so all you have to pay is the adoption fee.

When you buy a kitten, you have to pay for the kitten, surgery to get it fixed, and whatever it. It's a TON more expensive. And getting a pure-bred will be even more expensive.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

You probably have already but have you checked petfinder? Good luck! Be patient and I'm sure one will pop up! And don't feel guilty about wanting a specific breed.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks Sasami. Yes i've checked pet finder and in my area there aren't any devon mixes that are younger who look like devons

Pet's name:
Baby

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
RAT ADDICT

I looked around for rescues in or around your area for you and had no success.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks anyways Vanilla

Pet's name:
Baby

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i found one for $900 in new york http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1214984.html

[/CENTER]

Tags
devon rex