And the magical word is ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking And the magical word is ...

"vet."

Yes, that is the magical word that miraculously makes Galina get better from any ailment!

A few days ago Galina wasn't acting normal. She was slow, sluggish, and sleeping ALL DAY! She never sleeps all day. And she wasn't eating that much, either. Well, the second day rolled around and she was acting the same. Later on that day I told Sami that if she didn't improve or got any worse, we would have to pay a visit to the VET. Well! About four hours after I said that, she was back to normal.

Another time the magical word worked was when I noticed she was losing hair under her eye. Once again, I said if it didn't get better or got worse, we would be going to Vantaa to see her least favourite person. A week later, the hair had returned.

Galina HATES the vet. But I can't really say anything--I hate the doctor. Sami says she gets her vet phobia from her mother. Because I have to be near death before I will willingly go to the doctor. Ah well. I guess you could say she is my child--my kitty half. Two grumps who hate doctors.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Miss New Booty

I bet she does know that word, too, Rowan! Smart kitties!

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That is great! It's like she's trying to fake being sick so she doesn't have to go to school, but she doesn't anyways...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Natalie, maybe she fakes being sick so we all feel sorry for her and give her treats?

Jackie, I'd almost bet money that she knows that word! And she knows when she has a vet appointment, too. When I get out the carrier, she goes into super-hiding mode!

Gerona couldn't care less about the vet. I believe her attitude is, "I dare you to take me there. I'll give them a scar they'll never forget!"

And Kirby, weird dog that he is, LIKES the vet. Freak!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

At least she is feeling better!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

All of my pets like the vets!!! but then again, they are coming to work with mum so for them it's no big deal!! Biscuit gets sooooo excited when she visits (she's too noisy to stay). Milko has to stay for 10 hours when he gets a vac shot (my work shift). He gets a cage downstairs with food, water, a blanket, litter tray, toys and I buy him a chicken neck at lunch time. What more could he want!!!!! He doesn't even complain! The bunnies have a blast comnig to get their shots....they have a blast making a tent out of the newspaper in their cage They hop around the cage with all the newspaper on top of them! Crazy bunnies!!!

We have many cases where the animal is really sick at home and comes to the vets and is as bright as a button!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
litter tray