Magnet collars - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Magnet collars

Hi

Does anyone know a good place to buy those magnets for the collars to allow only cats with them on through?

I have a magnetic cat flap but the plastic bit is taped down cos the cats lose the magnet occasionally.

Today I found a "foreign" cat asleep in my bedroom (for the second time) and a headless bird in the spare room - ok it _could_ have been one of my cats I suppose... ;) but anyway...

My pet shop stocks the magnets at 8 ($14?) a go, anyone know where I could order say, 10, online??

Thanks

H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 01:08 AM

hmm, not sure. I know the doors that you are talking about but all I know is american companies and I'm not sure the shipping would be cost effective for you. If you search the name of the company that makes the magnets and doors they may have a link for distributors or sell directly from their site at a better price.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 01:46 AM

I have no clue but I did once come home to my neighbor frantically calling for her doberman Lucy...she escaped the yard! I told her I would put my stuff down and go help her look for Lucy, but when I opened the front door to my house, there she was watching Animal Planet with my Pitbull Kali on the couch! She must have hopped the fence between our yard and theirs and come in through the dog door! No one was even home except the dogs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Found them Dena, 30 for the flap "May Maaaadneessss sale" (10% mad? - hardly):
http://www.catflaps.com/home.html?ta...8.html?mid=fpd

I seem to remember getting 2 magnets with the entire unit, the magnets are 7.95 + postage no doubt - they are on a winner there...

I may as well just go to the pet shop and fork out for another 4 (32/~$60 omg...for a rock in a plastic case...)

edit- ah you get 2 for 8 slightly better

Last edited by hondy; 05-28-2004 at 01:18 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 03:24 PM

Well that sounds much better, glad you found them!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
I have no clue but I did once come home to my neighbor frantically calling for her doberman Lucy...she escaped the yard! I told her I would put my stuff down and go help her look for Lucy, but when I opened the front door to my house, there she was watching Animal Planet with my Pitbull Kali on the couch! She must have hopped the fence between our yard and theirs and come in through the dog door! No one was even home except the dogs!
I know I am so late in catching up on all these posts and I just had to comment on this one! Chin Girl - omg - that must have been SO funny! The escapee sitting on your couch with your dog - watching Animal Planet!!
It could have been so much worse - they could have raided the fridge and had a real party!!

Hondy, I am glad you were able to find the magnet collars! (even though they are pricey- I'm sure they work really good!)

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
Chin Girl - omg - that must have been SO funny! The escapee sitting on your couch with your dog - watching Animal Planet!!
It could have been so much worse - they could have raided the fridge and had a real party!!
Yup! Who knew a pitbull and doberman could be such good friends? They were always barking at each other through the fence, and the neighbor always said Lucy was dog aggressive, but turned out, they actually liked each other!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 12:55 AM

LOL! Oh, if only you'd had a camera of some sort available then.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 12:39 PM

that is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
that is so cute! you've gotta hand it to them for that one!

Tags
animal planet, pet shop