Meet Baby Jade :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Angry Meet Baby Jade :)

Here is our new baby...We now have two cats and two dogs, and enough pets for sure now.

This is Jade (she has very pretty green eyes, and Jade I figured you wouldnt mind us borrowing your name )

She is 9 weeks old. We picked her up last night. We didnt really plan to get another cat, but Josh (not a cat lover at all...weird but true) anyways, Josh kept talking about how he wanted to get a gray lapcat. (Gabby is not a lap cat at all, and likes to watch us from afar ) Anyways, I looked in the paper and suprisingly enough, there was an ad for gray kittens. So I called, and they had 2 left, a boy and a girl, well we got the girl obviously...Jade wouldnt be the greatest name for a boy huh...

Well she is very lovable! Wants to be held all the time, which is great, because we love it! (And Josh does too!!) Im ecstatic that his opinion on cats is sloly yet steadily changing. He never had cats when he was growing up, so never had a desire to want one, even like one.

Well she is going in the litter already, she was an outside cat where we got her. So I had to give her a little flea bath, because she had quite a few. I am taking her to the vets on friday for shots and wormer, so after that all should be good

This is Jade...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Jade playing with a toy...settling in quite nicely...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Another of Jade sleeping with her daddy!!! Im so ecstatic! He loves her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How CUTE!! Congrats! And what a great name!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Oh really quick...I forgot to mention how she is doing with the other pets...lol...we have to work on this one...she likes Gabby, but Gabby doesnt like her...they will have to get used to eachother, which can take a while, and the dogs LOVE her, but she isnt too sure of them, they are overwhelming to her. Always up in her face, she doesnt get much space around them, lol, but she will adjust. She isnt hissing at them this morning as much as she was last night, where we got her, she lived with a dog too, so she knows dogs, just Har and Max are sooooo curious! All should be fine within a few weeks...Does anyone have any suggestions to make Gabby like her a little better?? Or should I just let them work it out on thier own? Gab is declawed in front, so she cant scratch her up, but Gab bites us sometimes, so Im sure she wouldnt hesitate to do that, but so far all she is doing is: looking at Jade, hiss, runs away. So I dont think its too much of a threat right now, we are keeping Jade in the bathroom with her food, toys, litterbox, and basket while I am at work and Josh sleeps. Hopefully the cats can get used to eachothers smells and maybe meow a little to eachother to get to know eachother. Well see how it goes.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

I knew you would like it Jade!

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 11:38 AM

Oh Melissa, what a cute kitty!!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 12:25 PM

Awww, such a cutie and nice name too
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thanks! She is a real sweetie!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 03:28 PM

Awww, she is adorable! Aren't men just the cutest when there's kittens around!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Ha ha! Yes they are...especially when you see a non cat lover fall in love with a kitten! It will be a bond for life! It was so sweet, this morning when Josh got home from work, he said "How is my baby Jade?? I thought about her at work last nite..." Its just so touching to hear him talk about a cat like that...Im sooo happy!

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 04:32 PM

Ver cute kitten! When we get a house we can and probably will get a cat and a dog. I can't wait!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

They definatley are the light of my life...other than Josh of course!

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:14 PM

The kitten is a DOLL, Ray said Josh might not like the cat sleeping on him at 5 AM when she weighs 12 pounds! He wants me to get a picture of him with Stink so you can see the size difference. Those eyes are gorgeous! She is so cute!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 11:16 PM

Awwww, congrats on the new kitty!! She is adorable! And hope Gaby starts liking her new friend.

Tags
cute kitty