Meet Huggy Bear - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Red face Meet Huggy Bear

Hello Again,

Don't worry I only have 2 more cats to introduce :-) well this one and one more..I promise. But I do hope you're enjoying these posts about our cats as its taken me ages to sort out for you.

This time I am introducing our third cat to you, his name is Huggy Bear and he is a blue Mitted ragdoll. We got him when he was 14 weeks old and now he is 8 months old.

When we first got him, we had lots of problems. The breeder we had choose was obviousally a bad apple. We got him home and soon noticed he was ill, we took him to the vets and found out it was cat flu. We then started to notice his behaviour was really bad...and by bad i mean extreamly bad. We were so shocked as ragdolls weren't meant to be like this and nor should any other cat. He was agressive an d violent...and I could go on. It broke our hearts but we got some help and after months and months of battling and trying to help him it finally started to work. He started to get better...and it was so great to see that as we could finally get near him without being hurt and we could bond with him and love him. The vet helped a lot and when he got to a safe stage she suggested a kitten he could play with as Eviecat and Molly really didn't like him and she said it could really help him to get even better and settle down more. So we did get another kitten and it worked like a dream. he is now so much better than we or the vets could of ever imagined. And he is such a lovely sweet boy, you can't help but see him and fall in love with him. He is definately a charactar and one I don't think you'll ever find in a ragdoll but we love him so much and he is special to us. Yes he does have problems at times but this is so rare now, he is a very happy and healthly boy and seems to be enjoying life a lot more.

He loves his scratch pole, although technically not his but he has taken over it. Its like he is king of the scratch pole and gets so jealous if anyone is on it, especially if its the top level. He also loves his red bell chaser that he loves to play with, and he would rather take it off us and play with it himself...lol! He also has a cuddly ducky which he loves to cuddle and play with...its very sweet!

I don't know what else to say about him apart from that we love him very much. Its hard to believe he is the same boy as we brought home. He is so happy now, and a healthly boy. He is definately one of a kind, and we love him so much and would never have it any other way.

Ok enough of me talking about him and onto some photos...which I am sure you are all dying to see :-D

Sorry we don't have many good ones, but when he was a baby there wasn't to many good times, but here is a few we did manage to get.

Some recent photos of him

Continued in next reply....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Well I am afraid thats all the photos I have, Huggy Bear is quite a hard cat to get photos of. But I hope you enjoyed the ones I managed to capture. I must admit our favourite one is the one of him posing and the very last photo of him being king of the scratch pole.

Anyway we look forward to hearing your replies and comments :-) and we hope you enjoued hearing all about our Huggy Bear...our favourite little boy.

Eva and Huggy Bear xxx

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

he is such a Beautiful cat!!! i love his markings and eyes!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

He certainly is beautiful!! Very glad to hear you worked through his behavioral problems.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

im curious what his behavior problems were?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickiesmurf
im curious what his behavior problems were?
They were pretty servere and by servere I mean exstremly servere. But we both worked through it with the help of the vet and he is now much better....almost like he is a different cat. Although he is still different and I think thats due to his behavioral problems. But we love him so much and he means the world to us

Thanks for all the lovely comments on our favourite big boy.

Eva x
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

He is such a handsome boy.

And his blue eyes remind me of Galina's. They just melt your heart!

Although, with Galina, I didn't expect her eyes to stay blue since she's just a regular house cat and her mother had yellow-green eyes. But, for some strange reason or another, they stayed blue.

Also, it's great to hear Hubby Bear found a loving family that was willing to work with him rather than throw him out!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Playful Pup

Wow you're lucky to have such a beautiful cat!