Milko has been rehomed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Milko has been rehomed

Just thought I should let you guys know that Milko went to his new home today. Alex's brother took him, they have been wanting a cat for ages so they are very happy. They have listened to my list of instructions as to how to care for him and they are going to do everything I said. They are changing his name to Ginger. I'm a little sad that he won't be Milko anymore but their daughter (who he is fine with) has a toy cat that looks just like Milko that she calls Ginger and she really wants to call him Ginger.
I'm glad he has gone somewhere where he can be happy and I will always know how he is going and be able to visit whenever I want.
It still sucks, but I know it's for the best.
Anyway just wanted to update you guys.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

I am so sorry, Carmen. I know how much Milko means to you and I know you will miss him. I can't even imagine going through what you are.
I'm here if you want to talk.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Carmen, I know how much you worried yourself to death about this, but you made the decision fromy our heart and what is best for all of you. (((hugs)))

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

You made the best decision Carm, not many people can do that.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

You did what was best for Milko and for your family. Hang in there!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

thanks for the support guys. I'll feel a lot better in a couple of days when I know he has settled in there and is happy. That's all I want really, for him to be happy.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

I must've missed something cause I didn't know something was wrong I'm sorry Carmen!

I know first hand how hard it can be to rehome an animal. I've been there & it isn't always easy. But only you know what is best for your home & family. Hang in there honey...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I think you made the right decision, Carmen.

I'm sorry I've been so out of the loop lately (and Kay, you can read about why in the "We're Home" thread), but I read about the problems Milko was having and it's not fair to him to have to continue to be so stressed.

I know you'll keep good tabs on him, though. And since he's with Alex's brother, it will be much easier to visit!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it. It's nice knowing that there are people that know I had Milko's best interest at heart.
Alex spoke to his brother today and he was a little bit skittish around them at first, but not too bad and he slept under their bed last night. He is already more spoiled there than he was here! He hasn't been allowed in our room since September and he was never allowed to sleep with us! So it looks like his first night went smoothly.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

I'm glad that it's going so well for Milko. You did the right thing, Carm and I know it was hard. Keep us updated.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 11:42 AM

I've been meaning to get on here to post but its difficult with one hand!

I'm so sorry you had to rehome Milko, its hard when you know you have to prioritize a little differently and make decisions as a family. I remember the difficulty you had with Nacho and the decisions you had with him so I know you don't take any of this lightly and how much you really care. Milko will remember how much you loved him and will understand everything was done to keep him happy.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Carmen, you know how I feel about the situation. I am glad Alex's brother was able to adopt Milko. It sounds like he will have a great life with them!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks for all your support and understanding.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh man, Carm, I'm so sorry you and Alex had to make such a hard decision. It had to be so tough. I'm glad he is doing well and you will still get to see him! He knows how much you love him.

~* Jackie *~