Misplaced bone? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Misplaced bone?

Today I picked up my cat Tony, and I noticed he had something strange on his belly. At first I thought it was a lump, but after examining it a bit, it feels more like a misplaced bone. It's right under his rib cage. He's not in any pain, though he pulls away when i touch his belly (he did that before though) There are no signs on being in some sort of accident. He has no bruises, cuts, or the like anywhere. He walks fine, and if I hadn't of picked him up I would have never noticed it. Does anyone know what this could be and how it was caused? I'm really worried about my kitty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 AM

Is it at the bottom of his sternum (sp?) ? I've heard of that happening in dogs and puppies (they had one on Emergency Vets the other day) if it's the same thing (a bone growing funny...not really an issue)...I would probably take him to the vet anyway just to be on the safe side...see what the vet says.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

I really wish I could take him to the vet. But I just can't find a job right now. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 05:56 PM

Is there anyone you know that could help you with a vet bill?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Not really. Money is really tight. I was all lined up to get a good job but then it fell through when they found out I start college in august and said they couldn't do anything until I knew my schedule. (which i won't till august!) I mean if it's an emergency I'm sure my mom would help, but with him appearing to be fine, she's not gonna fork over $50 to have the doc look at him.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:12 PM

$50 for the vet to look at him!!!?? What the heck kind of vet do you use? Acadamy Vet Hospital in Fayetteville will look at him for $25 to start...Chinnies are $35 to start...that doesn't include bloodwork or X-rays, but they are really good and a whole lot less expensive than most other vets in the area. Really great vet office and they have extended hours too
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

I will keep an eye on him. If all else fails and I think he should go to the vet, I'll just borrow money from my boyfriend (if at all possible). My mom thinks he got it in a fight (it seems a little extreme for just a fight) and she thinks it will heal on its own. I did ask my mom if she thought i should take him to the vet and she said "I'm not taking that **** cat to the vet. I'm tired of paying to take these animals to the vet and having them die anyway" So she's no help

Tags
emergency vet