mommy question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

mommy question

i recently found a kitty tide up by the neck with a rope to a tree . she was thin and wasnt well but since then has adopted me as her mommy she knows i love her i named her sophia. my question is sophia is prego and i mean very prego..... iv never had to deal with a prego mommy kitty before and was wondering if theres anything special i should be feeding her. I have brought her to the vet and the vet thinks she should be due anytime know iv had her for about a week now.so any advice would i would be very thankful for. Iv asked around the neighbourhood if it was anyones cat but they all said the same thing shes been a stray cat for years and that her owners didnt want her that she has kittens every summer i plan to find the babies a good home and keep her with me the money that i recieve for adoption for the kittens i plan to use for sophias spay.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Should be feeding her kitten food. Or any food that has got a higher amount of protein and calories than most others. Taste of the Wild has a high amount of protein and probably calories, and Natural Balance Ultra Premium is high-calorie but lower in protein than Taste of the Wild. Um.... shoot, what's the name...Oh, Felidae also is high-calorie too, I don't know the percentages of their protein, though, but for higher-protein you'd want Felidae's "Four-Protein" product which uses I think like..SAlmon, Chicken, Turkey, and Duck? Somethin' like that. So all those meat sources would give-way to more protein.

Last edited by FlickeringHope; 07-31-2010 at 11:40 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

the one im feeding her is organtic it can be used for kittens and my vet recommended it and i can switch it between chicken duck and turkey

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I think I already know what it is without asking, lol. I've been through cat food brands so many times, lol. That's terrible how you found her, though. :/ There really needs to be harsher punishment for those who abuse animals. Apparently the punishment is a lot harsher than it used to be, but I'm all for "eye for an eye". I think what you do to someone, or something, should be done in return to you. That..of course, involves the mortality of the people doing it to the person, so it's slightly flawed, but...x.x
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

>_< i totally agree its just horrible how someone can stop loving there pet, i get the idea u want to give them up and find them a better home it happens life takes turns we cant always do something about. but to hurt them or ditch them outside like there trash just boils my blood

By Anonymous
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
It's all for them

Thank you for rescuing this poor little Mama. Kittens every summer, tied to a post. My gosh the poor little thing. Someone tied her there in the hopes something else would kill her no doubt.

I don't have anything to add to the excellent food advice, but I think you ought to find a reputable rescue to help you adopt out the kittens.

Sophie will be so happy to be spayed, the dear little girl. I wonder how old she is.

Keep us posted on how she is doing, okay.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

still no posts the vet thinks shes between 3 n 5 or so which is still very young sophia is doing well no kittens yet but she is getting bigger and bigger each day and eating more and more which i hope is a good thing she is very affectionate, for the kittens i am designing a contract that people who adopt them must sign and say that they will be neutured or spayed at the age of six months the last thing i want is her babies to go through the same thing she went through >_<

By Anonymous
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 AM
It's all for them

Thanks for the update! Will be watching for more news of her. The adoption contract is a good idea.

And charging a small adoption fee weeds out the sickos looking for "free kittens" to do their unspeakable evil things to.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

my thoughts exactly

By Anonymous

Tags
mommy question