This mornings trip to the vet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

This mornings trip to the vet

Well, Orangeyabald had been acting up and was not eating so I tried to check his mouth last night and he actually hissed and ran from me. He NEVER acts like that so I knew something was wrong. So this morning I call the vet and get an appointment (I'm so glad my vet takes calls on short notice!) As I am feeding the rest of the gang just before leaving I notice Donovan is not there. So I call to him and hear him from up stairs. I look up and he's sitting in that "I'm too uncomfortable to do anything" pose. I call the vet back and inform them that TWO kitties will actually be coming in. Orangeyablad went first. He's got inflamed gingivitis, particularily on his one side, so he got a shot and has pills for 10 days. Plus I have stuff to add to all the water bowls everyday for the rest of his life. He will also be put on a wet food diet. Donovan however, is still at the vet. He has re-blocked so is having a catheter inserted and will be staying there till atleast Saturday. I feel like that is my fault as he had been doing very well on his all wet water infused diet. But a month ago I gave everyone a round of (dry) hairball food as they were all coughing them up and I fear that's what has caused the re-block. So I am kicking myself now. Here I was thinking I was helping-he still did get wet, just some of the dry on the side. I guess it was just too much. Anyways, this is my morning. And with my last night I'm pretty stressed. Well anyways, I must be off to work. Thankfully they gave me no qualms about coming in a hour or so late

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 12:19 PM

Red face

I hope Orangeyabald is feeling better and that Donovan is soon home with you.. Hears hoping they both make a quick recovery..
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 12:58 PM

Aww...I hope they feel better soon Lizz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 03:31 PM

s for the boys!

This is not a good week for you, hun! Extra for you too!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hang in there hon! I'm sorry to hear about your kitties - you and they will be in my thoughts.

Stephanie

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I hope they feel better soon

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks guys. Orangey looks do be doing well. Guy called the vet when he got home and was told everything was okay with Donovan too. I can't wait to have him home again.

Come drop by!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 09:37 PM

Red face

Thats good news, keep us informed on their progress..
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 10:00 PM

I hope everyone gets better real soon!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww I'm so sorry I missed this, Lizz! How are the boys doing? Is Donovan home and feeling better?? ((hugs)) from me!!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 06:59 PM

I missed this too Lizz. I am so sorry about the kitties. I'm glad that Donovan is unblocked and I hope he stays that way.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks guys Donovan is indeed home and doing well. They both are. Donovan is not too thrilled about having the pills shoved down his throst, but he takes 'em like a trooper. Orangey got off easier as his meds can be mixed into his food. They are both on a wet food diet which they now insist be MICROWAVED as they are spoiled brats Donovan is a dry food lover though, so I'll have to be even more careful as I think that's what caused the re-block. He sneaks away the second I blink to nab someone elses dish. I'm sure he'll try even harder now. I just hope he can keep the weight on with the wet only-as he doesn't eat a ton of it.

Come drop by!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 AM

Lizz, sorry to hear about your boys not feeling well. I am glad to hear they are recovering. Let's hope Donovan gets used to eating the dry food. I know cats can be extremely picky about their food and also very stubborn!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 10:25 AM

Hope they will get better soon! Give them our best
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks!

Quote:
Let's hope Donovan gets used to eating the dry food. I know cats can be extremely picky about their food and also very stubborn!
Actually it's the dry I'm trying to stop him from eating We're pretty sure that's what causes him to block. I have to guard him like a hawk when they eat as he'll sneak away from his wet food to steal the others dry food!

Come drop by!

Tags
dry food, water bowl, wet food