Moving- what should I do about my cats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Moving- what should I do about my cats?

My cats have lived in the same house for 12 years. We have all lived in my parents house. I am currently moving and do not know what is best for the cats. Penny (12yrs) is very attached to me, she follows me everywhere. Copper (11) is very attached to my dad and could care less about me. The two rarely hang out together except when copper is cold, but he tends to start a fight with her b/c he wants to play and she doesn't. We live in the woods and the cats go out when they want. My new house will be an apartment and they will not be able to go out. Penny doesn't care much about the outside but Copper loves it. So, should I:
1. Take them both
2. Leave them both
3. Take Penny and leave Copper

I don't know how a move will affect them so I want to do the right thing. Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

On one note I say take Penny and leave Copper but then I don't know about seperating the two cats but whatever you feel is best, hope you decide what's best

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

That is a hard decsion to make i don't think i would be able to seperate my 2 girls becuase they have been together right from the start. In the end you will be able to make the right decsion no matter what. I do know that if the cat is attached to one person and u take them away from that said person they will act up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I would suggest leaving Cooper and taking Penny.

I know that with my own two girls (Gerona and Galina), Gerona LOVES my husband Sami and couldn't give a whit about me. However, my little Galina is a TOTAL mama's girl. Even though Gerona is "my cat," if I were to ever leave Sami, I would have to let Gerona stay with him for Gerona's sake. Cats never like to be separated from the people they love.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I would say, take Copper....as a test run. If either cat is having an adverse reaction to the move/being sperated, take Copper back home. Just my .02

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone, keep the opinions coming it really helps
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Playful Pup

I agree with capnsweets. Take them both on a trial basis to see how each one reacts.

Mommy to Peggy & Spike

Too many to name!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Part of the Pack

Personally, i think that if Penny is 12 years old and is very attached to you, it would be very hard on her if you left her behind - unless you plan on visiting her every day. my cat is like that, and i could never bear to be separated from him. and especially since Penny is 12, i would not leave her. it doesn't sound as if she and Copper will suffer from separation anxiety, but i guess you never know until they are apart. if that is the case, i would take them both, but i would never leave her behind if she is that attatched to you. this is just my opinion good luck in whatever you decide.