My boys! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

My boys!

Here are a few pics of my boys, China and Hyrum.

Here's the story on how I got them: About three years ago my younger sister brought home a kitten that was roaming around by this youth hangout called "The Bunker". She put an ad in the paper but no one claimed the kitten so she kept her and called her Bunker. Once Bunker got older she started crying all the time to go outside and one day my sister got really annoyed, opened the door and said "Go find yourself a boyfriend" and that's exactly what she did. She didn't come back for days and my parents kept a window open hoping one day she would. About a week later when everyone woke up they found her sleeping on the couch. March 4, 2003 she gave birth to 7 little boys. Me and my boyfriend already new we were taking one home to call our own while she was pregnant, but once we saw them we decided to take two. We took them home when they were two months old, too cute!

China aka:Chinaman loves to play with boxes especially if I take one from the freezer for him. When I give him a bath he has to sit on a flattened box to clean himself or he's unhappy, well he's unhappy with the fact of having a bath anyway, but the box makes it a bit better. He also does this really annoying thing when I'm sleeping and he wants attention. He does this wierd purr meow thing over and over and over, until you pet him. He also likes playing fetch, but it has to be a certain toy.

Hyrum aka:Fatty got his nickname because, well, he's fat. He loves pom poms and if anyone including China tries to take it away, he will fight back and growl, no one is taking his toy away. He also likes to scratch really wierd things, but not with claws, just his paw. He scatches the bathtub, toilet and walls. He likes to sleep with his face squished in the corner of a wall and then for some reason he snores whenever he does this.

They are both really smart, they know what get down and don't touch means. And they know that if I snap one finger I want them to come to me, but if I snap two at the same time they have to go upstairs.

Sorry my post is so long, hopefully not boring. I love them so much. Sometimes I wonder, how can people get rid of their pets, I could never do that. They are like my children, lol.

Last edited by Nikko; 06-03-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 AM
SwC

Ahh they are really handsome young fellas!! I think it's cool too that you were able to keep the 2 brothers together. Kitties are just toooooo smart arent they? lol. I have to get pics up myself if I can ever figure out how to get them from my phone to the pc lol.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

If you have internet on your phone, you can email them to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

they are so handsome...our kitty is our babie as well

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

They're beautiful kitties!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

very handsome boys!! I like the blurred shot of them playing.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:40 PM

They're absolutely adorable! China looks go grumpy in that rain suit, lol.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 04:06 PM

they look like big boys... how big are they? they almost look like they're 10 pounders easy...

i love the 2 year old photo - love how you caught the action!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 PM

awww beautiful boys!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 PM

theyre beautiful
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Thanx Everyone!

Quote:
they look like big boys... how big are they? they almost look like they're 10 pounders easy...

i love the 2 year old photo - love how you caught the action!
I actually just weighed them yesterday...China is 12lbs and Hyrum is 15lbs. They're big boys, lots to love!

I've been trying to get another action shot like that one, but I'm coming to think that it was pure luck.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 05:07 AM

Thats a lovely collection of photos there i'm definately liking the one in the yellow rain coat!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 06:46 PM

Beautiful kitties!! I love their markings!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM

my grandmother used to have a 22 lb Maine Coon - he was beautiful and was mixed with a hymalayan - he was the biggest baby, he was scared of most of his toys...

Tags
maine coon