My cat and lettuce - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

My cat and lettuce

Yes, that's right, Moonpie eats lettuce. I don't feed it to her ... it's just that occasionally a piece falls when I'm feeding the turtles and she is right there to gobble it up. I don't know why ... I thought that cats were strictly carnivorous. My other cat wouldn't eat that stuff. Does anybody else have a similar experience?

P.S. I feed the turtles Red Leaf but any type of lettuce attracts her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i have never heard of this! haha. my dog penny looooooves apples, though. my other dog chaquita doesn't really know what to do with them, but eats them just cause her sister does! my cat back home would never touch veggies or fruits. weird!! but nutritous....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I don't think it's weird at all! But - you have to understand, I have the weirdest cat on earth! She eats anything and I mean anything and everything! She sits and begs for food with the dogs!

Some of the things she eats:
lettuce
tomatoes
potatoes
the veggies out of any kind of soup
soup period
oatmeal (now that's bizzarro to me!)
pasta (especially if I made red sauce)
bread - she is a bread freak!
cereal, crackers, chips - oh and she loves to lick the coating off Doritos
Cheetos - she licks them first then crunches them down
any kind of cold cut - ham, salami, turkey
any kind of cheese
meat! She loves meat, she starts prowling the kitchen as soon as she can smell it cooking - she loves chicken!
She loves McDonald's french fries! She'll also eat all the lettuce off a Big Mac

She's crazy!! She's a food stealer too! I turned my head one night and looked back to reach my turkey sandwich that was sitting on a plate on the table in the den....
It was gone! All of a sudden I see it on the floor moving backwards clenched in Abby's mouth

Cats eating lettuce may be a little odd, but I don't think it's that strange at all - but then again - look at who I deal with daily! Abby the human garbage disposal

Your cat is getting a little fiber from the lettuce - and that can't be bad for her at all - at least it's not Doritos or some of the junk food that my cat Abby manages to beg, steal and gobble up!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:28 PM

Spanky loved corn on the cob, spaghetti noodles, and biscuits. If you left any of those pillsbury biscuits on the counter you can say goodbye to them. He used to jump up on the counter and knowck them off. You'd wake up with biscuits all over the kitchen floor with bite marks. Yup, cats have been known to eat weird stuff.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Romping Ratties

Ewok eats anything! His favorite thing to eat? Lettuce and BLUEBERRIES! He has always liked lettuce, but all my cats do. Blueberries though was a little shocking at first LOL.

My cat in California Ickeris used to steal my baby carrots from the bunny's cage. She loved carrots for some reason. I do not believe the thought that cats are strictly carnivore, or else I do not think so many cats would voluntarily eat veggies and fruits. We all know that domestication brings on new traits, a liking for non meat one of those.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Miss New Booty

Too funny you guys!! That's so cute how Moonpie loves lettuce!!!
LINDA! Snuggles LOVES McDonalds french fries, too! I left the room once and came back to the table, and he had his whole head in the bag, looking for fries!!!! LOL ! He also loves pasta!!!! And cheese crackers!
Abby licks the Doritoes!!!!!! How cute!!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Oh man, we are allowing junk food cats. At least Moonpie and Ewok are eating healthy veggies & fruits. Do they prefer romaine or iceberg?