My cat is too spoiled! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Question My cat is too spoiled!

I've been sick with double ear infection, and it's not really clearing up, starting to affect my balance...so the baby has been a little cranky, because I can't do all the things we normally do together. So round about midnight the baby woke up, had a nightmare I think, and wouldn't go back to sleep in her room, so I took her to bed with me, and I had to kick Oby out of the bed so that the baby could sleep with me instead (he weighs 21lbs and he walks on Monkey if he thinks she's in his way). Then the whining started...it go so bad, that Oby made himself throw up, and tore some moulding/trim off the wall. Finally I couldn't take anymore, so I left Keith and Monkey sleep in the bed, and went into the "cat room" and laid on the bed so Oby could come sleep with me...

So my question is....has anyone ever used those plug in cat calmer do-hickies? Do they work....Orson is one step from sleeping in the basement! But in all fairness, I made him that way, he's going to be 4 years old, I got him at four weeks, and carried him with me everywhere I went (yeah, like a little dog in a purse) until he was four months old. But making himself sick is not really working out for me! We have two other cats, Kai, a DSH, and Lillian, another Maine Coon.

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:52 PM
It's all for them

A new baby in the house can cause a lot of stress for a cat as he adjusts to the new routines and noises.

Feliway plug in diffusers can be very effective at helping cats feel content and secure.

Rescue Remedy can also help.

However if the vomiting continues, please bring Oby to the vet.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would understand if Casey were a new baby...LMAO I should have told everyone, she's 2! So she's an old baby. I just do not understand why he's being a donkey's rear now!

This is my Monkey Girl (incidentally she calls my mice baby rats!)

Oh...and yeah, if he continues to be sick, I'll take him to the vet, he's my other baby! I even have pet insurance for my cats! So I get my money back for taking them to the vet....after what seems like a decade! He's not fond of the vet, but can't really say that I've ever seen one who is, with the exception of Kai, she likes EVERYONE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goggies.jpg (50.1 KB, 3 views)

~W.C. Fields

Last edited by TweedleDeedle3; 03-27-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
It's all for them

Okay then, since this is new for Oby, he really needs to see the vet. I recommend a full check up with blood work and urinalysis.

Is he over weight? How old is he? Is he pooping and peeing normally?

I hope your ears are better, I know how terribly painful ear infections are.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oby will be 4 on May 5, he's at a normal weight for his breed, Maine Coon at 21lbs, he's eating normally, and using the litter box, so no issue's there. He's been whiney before because one of the other cats was sitting with me, and he's really sensative to when I'm not feeling well, he'll stay close by me, and whine, he whine's when he thinks it's time for me to go to bed, he's so bad about being a baby, we have to kennel him when we leave the house, because he'll destroy stuff. So I think it's just a combo of my being sick, and his need to "mother" vs. not being able to sleep with me in the bed, he's been acting normal, well at least as normal as he can get!

But I think I will call Dr Mac, and see if he can see Oby, we need some flea stuff now that it's getting warmer!
Here's Oby my sweet boy (most of the time)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FatOby.jpg (15.9 KB, 4 views)

~W.C. Fields
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I have used those plug in destressers. I used the Feli-Way brand and it may have worked a little bit, but not so much...it also may all be in my head

There is also this stuff that you put in their water that is supposed to calm them down, but I have never used that. Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

We took Oby to the vet today....nothing wrong....although now he's really whining! Dr Mac gave me some Rescue Remedy to try, he also teased me about having a "Yorkie Cat" he said that he's seen Yorkies that are less high strung than Oby. Poor little fur butt!

~W.C. Fields

Tags
bad kitty