My Cats ~ My Kitty is Pregnant - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Here are my Cats:

Apples is the Spotted Tabby, that is Coconut(aka Tinkerbell) she now has a wonderful home.

Kilala &

Kitana

Kilala is pregnant and she is due soon. It was a accidental pregnancy which happen while we had a un-neutered kitten (he was only 8mths old) and she went into her first heat a few days after her first birthday (1st Jan). I did not have anyway to separate them. Plus we did not think anything would happen with him so young. But he did and she is due soon.

Do anyone know of any signs she will be giving birth within a day or so? Or will it just be when she goes into labor? It would be nice to know sooner, she has a nice lovely area full of old soft towels over newspaper and hidden away. She likes it there.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Adolescent Pup

Male cats are fully mature at 8 months, they need to be fixed at or around the age of 4 months. How come neither have been fixed?

She can come in heat again when her babies are 6 weeks to 2 months. I got Samantha when her kittens were about 10 weeks old. She was so malnourished that I wouldn't get her spayed until she was stronger and had regular food for a few weeks. She was kept inside those 2 weeks. When she went in to be spayed, she was already pregnant again and her kittens had just turned 3 months.

To prepare for the birth, you need to fix her a box in a quiet, out of the way place and show it to her often. You may notice the prior to her giving birth that she has a discharge, maybe clearish to pink and she may appear to be straining. If you do, put her in that box and leave her there. She could give birth quietly and you never know or she could be very verbal and want you there to comfort HER. If she does, speak in calm soothing tones, gently stroke her head and assure her she will be alight. Just make sure it is quiet and there is not a lot of activity around her or in the room she is giving birth in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handicap kitties ♥ just leave bigger and deeper paw prints on your heart.

Last edited by Grammy707; 03-14-2006 at 10:34 AM.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Yeah, it was a bad timing, she just having her first heat and we had no space to separate them. So it was not planned. I would have had her fixed, but she is an indoors cat, she has never been out since well going for check-ups. So I never thought of the risk and then we had a kitty and we thought him to be too young ... we learned the HARD way.

But I will make sure they are adopted out into good homes and not out at the wrong age, they will be able to go @ 12 weeks, my vet said it is better for the kittens.

Thanks! I wish there was some sign to tell she was going to give birth a day in advance. She has a nice hiding spot in out bedroom she likes. Under a end table in a large low box, low enough for her to get in. it is lined with a few newspapers & lots of towel and she likes it.

Her stomach is really hard now, a lot harder than b4 and her nipples seem more engorged with milk. So is that a sign that she will have them within a week? She got pregnant sometime from Jan 7th-12th ... I hope it is soon.

Just excited about her being a mom (not about the extra kitty's born into this world), *crosses fingers* I might keep one to have her together with one. I don't think she will have many which will be great b/c I can focus on finding appropriate homes.

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Title Spy

When I was a foster parent for a pregnant cat, she was acting perfectly normal when I went to sleep (she was curled up sleeping on me) and when I woke up in the morning, she was giving birth on me! For her, there were really no indications that she was about to give birth (although they may have happened while I was sleeping). I think it probably varies from cat to cat.

Best of luck! Take some kitten pictures for us.

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

From the date you gave, I think you are going to have kitten this week or next week.. Average time is 64 days but can vary between 62- 67 days. Do you have her a box fixed.. You will need to change the bedding if she will let you when she is done. Clean old towels, sheets, even just newspaper if that is all you have..keep that in there from start to finish. Let us know when she has them!

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good luck with those kittens, they'll have you running around like a crazy person! Can't wait to see pics!!

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

She gave birth!

Kilala started acting really odd and too sooky, she was acting like that around 3:30AM and she was walking around at 4AM so I thought it was a false alert.
I stayed in my room with her, made the spot more secluded, turned on some relaxing music ~ you can never find the right CD when you need it so I had it on classical radio, she started pushing 20 minutes to 6AM. I stayed with her the whole time, talking with her and she seemed to like that. She even put her paw in my hand.

She gave birth to a really dark tabby with a orange spot on it forehead at 6AM, then a second followed a really dark Tabby at 6:19AM and then a third came at 6:36AM.

But this is the sad news, the third did not make it. It was too small and never breathed. As soon as I noticed something wrong, I began CPR and I never stopped until 7:03AM *cries* I got up cleaned the kitty off and let Kilala have he Goodbyes. She lick it on the head a few times and then went back to her job at hand. The last kitten was born at 7:27AM, a nice Orange Tabby.

She is now in with her kittens now in a nice clean box with my red blanky. I am SO sad about the poor kitty. I gave a name, Angel. RIP my little Angel.

The Dark Tabby's are really cool. They have nice white around their eyes and the Orange is a nice light orange. I will be taking pictures later today! My sister is coming over later she has a camera. I am left with a bitter sweet feeling. Now I have to plan a funeral

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Last edited by GeishaGirl; 03-15-2006 at 08:50 AM.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congratulations you're a grandma!! I am very sorry to hear about Angel though.

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Playful Pup

Congratulations GeishaGirl!! Can't wait to see pics of the little darlings.

Sorry to hear about the lost kitten. I've been there and had to bury stillborns. Toes (top right in signature), had 2 stillborns and herniated an umbelical cord on one of her kittens and we had to end his suffering. It was so sad. She only had Angie and Harley (bottom two left in sig) survive.

RIP Angel
angelkitty.JPG

Just a small part of my zoo!

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Awwe Thanks for that nice kitty Angel! I am just glad she did not suffer. Sorry to hear about the stillborns you had

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Kilala is doing well and the Kittys but picture will come tomorrow! She is going around looking for Angel!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hi Dawna and congRATS on the kittens.I wanna come down sometime the week and see them,okay?Did you name the others yet?I am sorry about little Angel.Poor thing...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Thanks Lis, you can come down when ever ya want. Bring your camera ^,^'

No, we have not named the kittens as of yet. They not being one day old yet >,^ I will get really cool names for them, I am thinking on keeping one as there is 3. Working on it!

Kilala is being a excellent Mom. She hardly leaves their side. Guess she is worried on them dying too. Poor Kilala. I am going to make a nice tombstone for Angel

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Adolescent Pup

oh how thrilling....new babies!! I can't wait to see pictures! I will be checking often for them now!

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

cant wait to see pics!!!!

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!

Tags
litter train, litter training, male cat, poor kitty