My friend wants me to help her find a cat or kitten - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

My friend wants me to help her find a cat or kitten

Well i have been talking to a aquantance of mine who use to be a good friend of mine but isnt now and she is always telling me she wants a cat or kitten for her apartment. She wanted me to give her my favorite cat shylo but i couldnt do that. When i had a foster kitten here that she had really wanted but i could not give him to her. I have seen how she treats my cats as she use to come over to our condo quite alot even when we lived in our old apartments she would always twirl the cats and would laugh when they would try to get up they would get all dizzy and with the foster kitten she would would hold him under his front paws and dangling him since we have this landing type thing so you could see who was coming and going from our front door and would think it was funny when the poor guy would scratch and bite at her hands. I always tried to take them away but she wouldnt let me so now if she comes over i have to put all my animals into a locked room so she cant be mean to them. I was wondering on how i can deal with this issue as now alot of our animals are scared of people and always run and hide. Our oldest cat will run away when my fiancees brother and his girlfriend come since when my fiancee was living with them and he would leave to come and see me she would always go into his room and be really mean to our cat sylvester.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Tell her straight up that you don't think she is ready for a cat, mention all the costs and how stinky their poo is... Or just do nothing, if she is just an acquaintance don't deal with her anymore than you have to. Or just straight out refuse sorry i can't help you find a cat.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Salamander Buffalokisser

I have to agree with Kendalle, since she isn't a good friend just refuse to help her. It sounds to me like she isn't ready to be a pet owner.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I agree with Kendalle, I would probably be straight with her, let her know how you feel, or if you are worried about her feelings do like Kendalle said and tell her all the negative aspects of owning a cat, and explain you aren't in the business of finding homes for cats, even as a foster parent its not your job to find a home but to nurture and love the kitty till its ready to find a home...good luck, and on a side note I would never allow someone in my home who treated any of my animals like that...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
cat, kitten