My kitten is still peeing in my bed!! Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy My kitten is still peeing in my bed!! Help!

Okay a few weeks ago I put a thread on here that my 4 month old kitten, Luna, was peeing in my bed and i didn't know why or how to stop her.

I changed her litter to unsecured. She seemed to like it the first few days and I put two litter boxes out but she only used one (she used the old one... I had to get a bigger one because she would scrape out litter over the aides of the older one.) Well I even locked her in the bathroom overnight and for a few hours one day to hopefully get her to be trained to use the litter box again... I know that probably wasn't long enough now though...

Anyways a few days went by and everything was fine well I came in my bed one night and what do you know I found kitty pee in my bed all over my newly washed sheets and blankets (i didn't spot clean the bed... i sleep on an air mattress and have 3 blankets under bottom sheet). I don't know what happened that she decided to do it again. That's the night i decided to lock her in the bathroom. That was 2 nights ago and since then I have found 3 more pee spots on my bed and to make mattera worse before I could get around to changing the sheets today the dog pooped on my bed!

My question is what is a logical reason as to what is going on? How can I help her stop?

She is a happy kitten and she eats normally not too much not too little. She poops (and obviously pees) in normal variation also. She is very active always running around the house with the dog. She loves snuggling and is just happy happy all the time. I am just frustrated that i don't know what to do!

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Stressed? Having run of the house and then being locked up is stressful.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Newborn Pup

Litter Training

There could be several reasons why your kitten is doing this, you should consult your vet. Locking her up in the bathroom is not a good idea. sometimes it takes trying several different litters from clay to clumping, you can also find products to add to her litter that makes her want to use the box. If you've had her declawed that could also be a cause of the problem. Since your dog is now pooping on your bed you may want to try cleaning your bed and bed linen with natures miracle, it's a product that removes all scents from prior accidents.
You might also try feli-way it comes in a spray and diffusser it's a natural stress reliever for cats and i've had great success with ending problems involving urinary marking.
Good Luck and don't give up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Minecraft Mouse

It sounds like you should get a new bed if your cat likes peeing on yours so much.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Playful Pup

Looks like your bed is your cat's territorial, if there is nothing wrong with your pet’s health then it may be because of behavioural causes. If your cat have a litter box, make sure that it was clean and train your cat to use it

Top-Quality, Reliable and Fashionable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
-PetStreetMall.com

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Newborn Pup

Maybe she does not like the litter you are using?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Newborn Pup

I also had this problem with my cat before and I went to his vet immediately. It was found out that he has a urinary tract infection. This was the reason why he was peeing on my bed even if he has a litter box.

I’m the lead content curator for Coops And Cages and a couple of other pet blogs. My love for animals is matched by my love for 'attempting' to play the guitar.

Tags
kitten, pee in bed