My Kitties - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Talking My Kitties

I havent been on here in a long long time. I am sure no one remembers me either. But I am finally back and wanted to update everyone on my pets.

I have 5 cats now. Felix, Tasha, Victoria, Ninja and Sly.

Felix is our tuxedo boy. Hes 5 years old and to smart for his own good. He knows how to work the humans thats for sure lol. We love him though, hes a very special boy. He came to us when he was only 3 months old. We found him outside in the pouring rain. We took him in and cleaned him off. Hes doing wonderfully now. I firmly believe he chose us.

Tasha we rescued second. Shes a torti too. Shes 10 years old and doing really good. We found her 5 years ago. She was running the streets and wasnt spayed. We found out she needed spayed right away because she had a uterin infection. She recovered from that but on and off would needs meds cuz she was prone to respitory infections it seemed. Luckily none of the other cats got sick. Well she seemed great until i think it was last year. She wouldnt eat and all she did was lay there. We took her to the vet only to find out she was basically dieing. She was badly anemic. The vet said she would need 2 blood transfusions and he didnt give her much hope even then. We decided to take his advice to take her home and give her the best life possible what she had left. He said she wasnt in pain. She would eat canned food so we decided to take her home. He gave us some adreneline pills for her. Said it would just give her a few more days with us is all. We took her home. 1 week went by and she seemed to be doing great. We took her back into the vet a about 2 or 3 weeks later. Said we needed more pills cuz we were out. The vet was shocked she lived. He told us it would take a miracle. Her one levels were less then 1% i think and 3% is like the animal should be dead. Well we got 3 months worth. Vet said she would have to be on the pills the rest of her life. She isnt though. She hasnt been on pills for over a year. Shes more spunky then she ever was and is just great. I call her our survivor kitty.

Victoria was another stray cat we found. Shes a tabby/torti mix. She was preg when we found her. She had 5 beautiful kittens. All of whom found wonderful homes. We kept one, hes all black and his name is Ninja. Hes not to bright but i adore him. Victoria got spayed after her kittens were weaned and found homes at 12 weeks of age. Shes our smallest cat weighing around 9 lbs. Felix is 10 lbs, Tasha is 12-13 lbs and Ninja is 16 lbs lol. Vickie is a princess and very prissy and girly. She doesnt like her son anymore. Although hes big now and picks on everyone lol. Vickie is around 4 years old.

Ninja, like i said up above is Vickies son. Hes 3 years old. Hes all black and kinda a pain. I spoiled him so much that he picks on the other cats. I always call Ninja the baby, no one bothers the baby, the baby can do whatever he wants lol. Ninja also doesnt like being laughed at. If I laugh at him he growls at me and attacks my face, its quite hilarious. Hes a good boy but hes got so many mental issues it seems. But the vet says hes normal and nothing wrong...just spazzy and a little mental. Ninja also has to sleep with us. He will whine and cry at the door until we let him in. My husband usually doesnt like the cats in there cuz hes allergic but Ninja always gets his way, the baby always gets his way lol. He does have alpha issues. Tasha is alpha but Ninja challenges her all the time and she growls and snorts and throws a fit. Ninja sometimes has pulled chunks of fur out of her. But usually he behaves.

Sly is our newest addition is Sly. Hes black and white, not a tuxedo though. Hes super adorable and kinda annoying but most kittens are lol. Hes going to be 1 year old in about 4 months. He is super hyper and looks up to Ninja lol. Sly has a habit of talking alot, hes very vocal. We got him when i fostered his mother and him and his sister. I wanted to keep all of them but i couldnt. I decided keep Sly since he was attached to Felix and Ninja. Now he just harasses them lol. He has a tendancy of jumping on our entertainment center and meowing at the wall.

Well those are my 5 kitties. Sorry this post is so long.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Your cats sound adorable,
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thank you they are amazing and I love them to pieces.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Part of the Pack

I really enjoyed "meeting" your cats! We only have 2 now, Lucy-9 yrs. old was a stray, and Quinnie-18 yrs. old who was a kitten of a stray that was born in my sister's barn on Easter morning! Just lost our Lucky Feb. 21 this year. He was 14. His personality sounds very much like Ninja's! He was totally spoiled rotten and we gave in to everything he wanted! He was very special. Quinnie's sick and we're just keeping her comfortable with steroid shots as long as she can still enjoy life. Losing 2 in one year will be very tough. Wow, that is wonderful about your "miracle kitty"!! Hope she has many more years! You sound like a good "cat mommy".

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

awwww thanks Yeah, I don't wanna think about any of mine passing yet. I know it will just tear me up. I am so sorry your going through so much right now. I am hopeing Tasha has 10 more good years with us at least. Ninja cracks me up when he snorts. I have a video of him on our bathroom door. You wouldn't believe it by pictures of a video that hes 16 lbs because hes not fat. The cat is just pure muscle it seems. I try my best for my babies. I know I am not perfect but I do try my best.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Part of the Pack

Lucky weighed 17 lbs. before he got sick, but he didn't look fat, either. Just a big, big cat! Lucy, however, is VERY fat. 21 lbs. but she seems very happy, plays, jumps, etc.....everything except washing her butt! I have to do that for her. Quinnie has held a steady 11 lbs. till recently that her appetite has decreased. She's down to 7.7 lbs.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah Tasha has issues with keeping her bum clean poor girl. I have to clean it for her. Her tummy is so huge. Always has been too.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Tags
cats, rescues