My Kitty went to a new home today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
PT's Official Law Breaker

Unhappy My Kitty went to a new home today

I don't know if anyone remembers but a stray kitten turned up at our door the day before Thanksgiving. She was jet black with green eyes. Well she turned out to be the sweetest friendliest kitten ever.

I have always been terribly allergic to cats. They are one of my favorite animals ever, but if I spend any amount of time with them, I wheeze and cough and get asthma. I am been trying to ignore the fact that my throat has felt kind of tight the last few days and I haven't been breathing right because I have wanted a cat of mine since aslong as I can remember. Silly I know, but I haven't had asthma in so long, I hoped maybe it had just gone away.

She followed me everywhere and loved to be cuddled she would just lay in my arms like a baby and go to sleep. She purred so loud.

Anyway a friend of ours was out here today and he saw the cat and told us about his sister who already owns cats and loves them to bits. And well the cat is now on it's way to her house. I know she is going to a good home but it sucks.

Goodbye little Shadow.

I want a cat so bad, and it's not fair.

Catherine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:02 PM

I'm so sorry Catherine. I wish you could have kept her! What about a hairless kitty? My sister has really bad asthma and allergies but she does ok with her sphinx (hairless) kitty. They are a little "different" but they are still cats.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Catherine, I'm so sorry hon! I remember you telling us about that sweet kitty. I wish you could've kept her. Will you be able to go and see her?

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I know the feeling hon, I'll never be able to have a kitty. I'm mildly allergic to Gumbo as it is but just ignore that, 'cause he's stuck with me.

Stephanie

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:22 PM

Aww...I'm sorry Catherine! My cousin is allergic to cats too (same exact reaction) She is now the proud owner of two Devon Rex cats she got from a breeder and has no problems with them at all! Maybe you should look into a devon rex?
I think I have a pic of them somewhere...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 04:14 PM

I'm sorry Catherine! It sucks when you get so attached to something only to have it taken away. I hope you feel better soon.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwww i'm really sorry to hear about your loss but at least the one thing you do know is that shes going to a good home! I agree with everyone else if you really want a kitty why don't you look into the hairless varieties like the sphinx as they would be a solution

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
PT's Official Law Breaker

I would love a hairless kitty or a rex kitty, but I don't think the hubby is so keen on the idea. I don't think he wants any sort of cat because he said they will tear up the screens in the summer. I don't know. We will see. If it is meant to be, its meant to be. Something like that.

Thanks everyone for your support
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 PM

Red face

That is so sad that you had to get rid of Shadow.. But at least it looks like she has gone to a good home!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I'm sorry you had to say bye Catherine....hey there's hope for you....look at me and alex...two 'non-cat' owners totally in love with our own little kitten!!! You just got to find the right one that will melt his heart!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

Maybe you could get a sphynx and to prevent it from scratching everything up, get soft-paws the little claw cap thingys, theyre sposed to be really effective

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Catherine... sorry I'm soo late on this but I just wanted to give you a

I agree with you... if it's meant to be it WILL be!