My little freakazoid ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

My little freakazoid ...

Okay, I have to figure this out. Or at least hear about some weird things that other cats do so I'll feel better about Lizzie's little "habit".
OMG, I can't believe I'm telling her little secret ...
OK. She. Licks. My.......... Bathroom ! Floor, walls, bathtub, toilet base ... you name it. She doesn't do it anywhere else in the house. And she's not licking up water drops. What in the world would make her do this ?? Does it sound strange to you - because I think it's WAY abnormal !!
Anybody elses kitties do anything quite that weird ? Or is Lizzie just really and truly just a little freak ?

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 04:30 PM

uhhh.. no I havent seen Aspen do those things.. the only thing I can think of .. is part of the reason they like the toilet.. and to sleep on the bathroom floor is because its cooler..?!?!?!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

hmmm...gabby doesnt lick the floor or toilet but she does lick the shower walls...because of the water droplets. haha...so maybe she is normal...but hey the kitten is weird...she licks my eyes! when i fall asleep i have been waking up to her licking my eyelids! its very disturbing! lol...she eats the dogs food too...i thought cats turned up thier noses at that! weird kitties!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 05:21 PM

My cats insist on licking me and the dogs, but that's about it, lol. Maybe she likes the taste of whatever you use to clean, or maybe just the coolness of it I think she is officially wierd Then again, what is wierd for a cat??
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

She. Licks.
she is a goofball!

Actually- Paulie is obsessed with everything *bathroom*! He doesn't lick the way Lizzie does though. Wow, she cleans your entire bathroom with that little kitty-tongue-brush!!

Paulie licks the rounded part of the front of the toilet! and sometimes the sink. I have seen him licking the sink when it is totally dry!
He only does it in the downstairs bathroom. (well, that I am aware of - the upstairs doors are always kept closed because Jack and Max love to eat and shred tissues and toilet paper )
OK - there I said it and I feel much better for getting it out in the open.
He smells and rubs and sometimes buries imaginary things on the sink counter too!
I tell him he's just like a man - spends WAY too much time in the bathroom

I wonder if it could be what Becki said... she likes the taste of whatever you clean with? Is your bathroom humid? There may be the slightest amount of moisture that she detects but you don't notice?

That really has to be the quirkiest thing I've ever heard!

OCD Cats Unite!!

[center]

[
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

OCD Cats Unite!!

First our dogs and now our cats !

Maybe there is some humidity ... I know it gets really freakin' cold in there in the winter
The dingbat also lays on the edge of the tub while I'm in the tub and pats the surface of the water. Also lets her tail drop down in, so when she leaves water goes flying everywhere.

Melissa, OMG, I had a cat named Spooky that did that ... he'd lie on the back of my neck, and either lick or snuffle my eyes. When he got to be over 10 pounds, it was a bad thing, waking up with my face smashed into my pillow and a cat snuffling my eyes.

Sharon
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

yeah sharon...makes ya wonder if she really is just planning on smothering me to death between her face and a pillow when she is older, maybe for not yelling at the dogs enough or something...it is really irritating to wake up to her licking my eyes at 4 am though! what a little stinker! haha! cats sure are weird...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Miss New Booty

you guys! How weird , Sharon! Just the bathroom???? Ginger does something weird. If we come back from shopping and we put the bags down, she starts licking the bag!!!! Or if we take out a garbage bag to clean the animal cages, she sits on it, and starts licking it?!?!?! Oh yes, my cats love to play with water, but if it's time for their bath... NO WAY! LOL Actually, they aren't so bad, but they don't like it. When I am giving the dogs a bath, Smokie and Ginger come in to inspect. They will sit on the edge of the tub,too! Snuggles...he just doesn't care much about that, lol. And thay all love going in the shower after it has been run.
Funny kitties!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 05:56 PM

Sharon, if Ray lays in the tub, Baby Girl will climb out onto his chest and sit on him, in the tub.......she is crazy and peep will sit in the sink while water is running. Both nutballs!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 06:08 PM

Peep in the tub:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (19.2 KB, 13 views)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 06:38 PM

Wow, a cat that cleans the bathroom! Send her over here Sharon! My bathroom needs a-cleanin!

Hmmm....makes me think, maybe I should train L'il to lick the bathroom floors & walls rather than his bald belly... Put his OCD to good use.