My Magilla Gorilla - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Talking My Magilla Gorilla

Okay so he came home today. He didn't want to get in the carrier but once he did he settled in and didn't make a peep on the way home. He looked quite content actually. I brought him inside and put him near the food bowls of my other two. They both went up to him Eve first she just kind of sniffed around and bolted when she saw me pull her food out. She doesn't care as long as she gets fed. Varuca, of course, hissed and growled and was very unhappy. She did eat while she glared at him and growled the whole time. Magilla did nothing (he did eat just before we left the shelter so please don't think he didn't eat) Poor little Magilla just sat there and looked around. I set him up in the back bedroom for now so my little missy can get used to the idea. I picked her up and she actually cried, then for the first time ever, she growled at me. Lets just say she isn't taking this well. She did forgive me later on and took a mid evening nap on me so we are okay. When I was in the room with Magilla I left the carrier door open but he wouldn't come out. It took about 15 mins for him to realize "holy crap, I'm HOME" Let me tell you I have never seen a more greatful cat in my life. Hubby met him for the first time and Magilla gave him a great big hug and a big Magilla kiss (he really isn't the animal kissy type) but at least the cat knows who he needs to suck up to

This is the first meeting I circle where he was if you couldn't see him

This is him sitting in the crate trying to figure out what is going on

Magilla realizing he has his own home

This is him asking for a bell rub

And last but not least my favorite SUPER MAGILLA, sorry I couldn't resist with this shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

that last shot is priceless!

i think they will all get along over time. i'm so happy that you reached out to this poor kitty!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 05:57 AM

love the last shot!! Aweeee I'm glad he is home and I know they will get along just great over time
What a happy Christmas for you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Dena, he is adorable!! I'm sure Miss Varuca will adjust in time. As long as she knows she's still mommy's baby she should be fine.

What does daddy think about Magilla?? Does he like him?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 08:11 AM

what happened to magilla's left ear? it looks like someone took a pair of scissors to it. otherwise he's a handsome kitty
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Magilla was a feral cat that I thought was way too cute and I wanted to have him neutered and released. When the vets trap neuter and release they clip the ear so they know that cat was already spayed and neutered and they don't have to trap them again. So thats what happened to his ear. He ended up staying at the shelter longer than expected and became increasing cute and loving.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 12:46 PM

Dena, he is super handsome! Look at those extra tootsies. He looks like such a lover. I am so thrilled he has a home with you.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Hubby is okay with him but then again he hasn't had a chance to do anything wrong yet
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 02:31 PM

He is so cute! I hope the other cats adjust well!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Awww, super cutie!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 12:38 AM

flying kitty hahahaha, btw, what happened to his ear?

Last edited by oreos_my_hedgie; 12-28-2004 at 12:43 AM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Oreo~it says a few post above yours what happened to his ear

And Dena he is so cute...Im glad he is figuring out that he has a home now. Thats always the best part. Give him a kiss for me!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I thought I replied to this thread already...how is he going Dena? Has he settled in yet? Thos ephotos are priceless...especially the last one!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

hehehe, he's got a handsome face he does. A good smile on him. I'm sure he's a happy camper with a place to finally call home.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:18 PM

Thats so great!

Tags
food bowl, food bowls, poor kitty