Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

My new arrival.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kala83 
#1 ·
I have some amazing news.....today I went out to a national park in town to go do an outdoor lab with my Zoology class. Then at 2:30pm my mom came out and picked me up incesting I needed to go back to the office with her instead of going home because she had a "Suprise" for the both of us to show me. I thought it was something like she had booked a cruise and we would be leaving in a week that kind of thing. I get to the office, with food in hand since I was starving...and there was tiny little grey kittne in mom's office.

mom has been talking of ages about how she would love to adopt a new cat but how she would much rather get an adult since we would not have to go through all the training and all that with it. But it kind of works out for the better that she is younger, because I am planning on adopting three Guniea Pigs myself...as well as getting some new fish, land hermit crab, and mice soon too! So if the cat is younger she will not have a hard time learning these are not a food source merly others I share this home with. lol at least I am hoping it will be viewed that way for her.

We have both named the kitten Mouse, and I promise as soon as I get home I am going to post up pictures of her...I just need to save my dying digital camera that has no batttery juice at all! I think Mouse is about 8 weeks old give or take and she is very shy and very timid about things...but hopefully she will be ok with time. My main concern right now is our 12 year old dog adjusting to the new arrival in the house, I don't think she will mind it she did live with Fluffy when we had her and they both got a long just fine...I think it will be if she loses attension from us because of the kitten she might get jealous. But I think we give the both of them enough attension to suit them.
If anyone has any advice to give I would love to hear it! I have owned cats before but it has been a while and I am sure things have changed at least a little in some areas lol but in general I just wanted to share my wonderful news.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.