My new kitten! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

My new kitten!

I adopted her today from a local veterinarian. She was turned loose in the fish dept at Petsmart and the vet took her in to find her a home. She is approx 11 weeks old. I named her Saphira. I'm going to give her a bath, and then I'll try to get some pictures and post them!

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Betta Bomb

WHAT??! Released in he fish dept at petsmart? That sounds wierd, why not just give it away? Gaaaa, pet stores!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Apparently it would've been too much trouble for the people who dumped her to take her safely to a shelter. I cringe to think what could've happened to her if she had've gotten outside. She was only about 7 weeks old when this happened.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
can't think of one, help

What a pretty kitty, name?

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Betta Bomb

Wow, she's stunning!! Also, I thought you meant the workers at petsmart released her in the dept. Someone randomly dumped kitty there? Too bad she was so young and could not realize the dream she had been set upon!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

Poor baby, but she is beautiful and very lucky to have you.

~ MY ZOO ~
2 shelties - Blaze & Pandy

1 orange tabby - Max

2 guinea pigs - Peaches and Calli
1 chipmunk - Theodore (Teddy)

RIP Pixie

Xander

Jax
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

at least they didn't throw her out in the streets, or have her put to sleep just for being alive.

I work at the shelter and have horror stories of what people do to unwanted pets. Its now good that people dump them in places like the shelter and pet stores where it is obvious that someone will help.

She is very cute.

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Part of the Pack

Cute kitten. Thats sad that the people who had her did that to her but at least she has a good home now.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlebunnies2 View Post
What a pretty kitty, name?
Saphira Nicole. It's pronounced Sa-Fear-Ah.

I'm just glad she was old enough to be away from mom. I actually work at that Petsmart in the grooming dept. I've been trying to talk myself out of getting her for about 3 weeks lol. I'm fortunate to work with the people that I do at that location. They've made me the good pet mom I am today. I had outdoor dogs and that was it when I started working there in 2004. Now all my dogs are indoors, and I actually research pets before I get them.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur

Last edited by lilchris_28; 11-08-2010 at 08:48 PM.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Saphira playing on the computer. Remember the Dogz game?

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Adolescent Pup

My parents came home from a party about 1 1/2 months ago..during a storm and they could hear meowing under their porch. (they live out in the country by an old wood mill) My dad had to take the steps offs to get the kitten out. He looked about 7 weeks old. They took him in all cold and scared and were going to find him a home. (my parents are older and didn't want to start again with a new pet) But after a few days they named himm and he was so beautiful they decided to keep him. Then a day later the staff at the mill brought over his little sister that they found in their woodpile. She was smaller but identical to the other kitten. They took her in too. These kittens are litter trained. So someone had them long enough to train them and then dump them in the wild. There are tons of hazards and coyotes arund there. Im surprised they survived. They female isn't as social as the male but she was in the wild a week longer than him too. They named them Mr. Jiggs (idk why) and Milly (cause she was found at the mill ) I think theyre keepers.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Betta Bomb

Aw, I love the name Saphira!! She's some sweet
@jojo, mama cats teach their kittens how to scratch in the litter. I watched my mom's cat Mama teach her 2 babies when I had her. But, my sisters cat came from some **** who lets her cats out unfixed and deals with many litters a year and none of them has never seen a vet, anyway, Illusion (sisters cat) was never shown how to use the litter box by his mom bc they were "weaned" too early (this lady also gets sick of having so many kittens around that she "weans" them at like 6 weeks or earlier. We tried and tried a whole pile of different things to make him cover his stuff but he's 4 now and still does not know how.

Mr.Jiggs and Milly- I love that!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Adolescent Pup

pics wont upload..says invalid file

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Weird... They're loaded for me.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur