My Poor Eddie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 10:57 AM
oceanna931

Unhappy My Poor Eddie

Eddie loved to be outside. It started when he followed the kids out back and he would lounge on the warm concrete. Then he would venture out alone when someone came in or out the door. He was the perfect lap cap or snuggle up in bed with you cat. He was good to all my other animals. Today I heard barking out back. I went out there just in time to see the rottie and chow who live behind us tearing Eddie apart. I screamed and screamed. The owners had to hear me but didn't come out. I threw everything I could reach over the fence at them and kept screaming. It was over so fast. I called the police and they said until the dogs actually came over the fence they could do nothing. The owner told the police he was sorry and could he do anything. Like he can replace my poor Eddie. I don't know what to do. I miss him so much. It is a very sad day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 11:04 AM

omg, how awful!! I'm so sorry you lost Eddie
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Alena

OH, I am so so so sory about your loss!!! i can only try to imagine the pain you feel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am really sorry to hear about Eddie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Your poor Eddie. I hope you feel better. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I cannot imagine what you are going through!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

Gosh mean old dogs.So sorry for your loss

:rainbow:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 06:29 PM
oceanna931

Thank You

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I buried Eddie at my sisters place. She has a huge farm. Eddie is under a weeping willow surrounded by hostas and flowers. He is in kitty heaven where there are no dogs - only tuna dinners. Thanks again. Debbie

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

Debbie do you have other cats?

:rainbow:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:29 PM
oceanna931

other cats

Yes, I have Roger and Clarence. Roger was abandoned by the people who lived down the street. When they moved they just left him. I got Clarence from the same shelter I got Eddie from. They were both about 6 months at the time so they were like brothers. Clarence is cross eyed. They said he was brought in with a litter. The momma cat was trying to cross the street with them one by one and she was carrying Clarence when she was hit by a car and killed. It seems like animals live such dangerous lives. I never thought one of mine would come to such a traggic end. I feel like I failed him.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:32 PM

You didn't fail him; it wasn't your fault. That thought should never cross your mind. Tragic as it was, it was beyond your control and there was no way for you to predict it would have happened that way.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:35 PM
oceanna931

Thank you Nancy...you are like a mom away from mom.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:40 PM

you're very welcome.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 06:28 PM
Head-Butts Horses

I'm very,very sorry! That made me cry I know how you feel. My grandma had a kitten that got killed by our neighbor's dog. We really hated it. Again I'm sorry Eddie

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Head-Butts Horses

opps about Eddie

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 06:32 PM
oceanna931

Thank you Tina.