My poor Pumpkin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Unhappy My poor Pumpkin

I can't believe my horrid luck with my pets lately.

My poor Pumpkin started vomiting last night. I found that quite unusual, as since we've had her and Doodles not one has become sick like that.

She kept vomiting through the night, except after a while it was just bile coming out. She was vomiting this morning as well.

I had to get her to the vet. I knew something wasn't right. She is usually the first to go and eat and always is by the door when I let Harley back in from outside. She wasn't doing that. She wasn't eating or drinking.

I took her in today and they just called. They said as they were palapatating (sp?) her around her kidneys they said it was painful for her. They don't know if there's an infection or something is going on with the kidneys. She's not even a year old. They're going to do bloodwork, check her urine and give her fluids. She's also going to be on antibiotics. They said if she doesn't get better, they'll have to do an x-ray.

They asked me if there was something she could have gotten into and I can't imagine what she could get into. We have all the chemicals put away where they can't get into them.

I just am at a loss. I love her so much and this is worrying me deeply. I don't want anything bad to happen to her!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm so sorry Hugs and prayers go out to you and Pumpkin!

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You'll both be in my prayers, Karen.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no Karen!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything is ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Pumpkin. Please keep us posted, hon.

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I am thinking of you and pumpkin

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Well, a little update for everyone.

Pumpkin is home right now. Dan said she went into the room and saw her new toy. He also said she did eat a little, which is a good sign. When we walked into the house, she was by the door which made me extremely happy to see her there.

We'll find out tomorrow the results of the bloodwork and probably urine analysis. She was running around a little bit, which was different from the way she was last night. I just hope that the tests come back with nothing other than an infection that can be cured with some antibiotics.

Thanks for everyone's support. I don't know what I'd do without you all!

Karen

[

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww Karen, I'm so glad to hear she is home and doing better. I hope that everything comes back good with her blood work. That is a good sign she is acting more like her normal self.

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

So glad Pumpkin is seeing some improvement, soon be fighting fit youl see

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Another update for everyone.

I called my vet today and got the results from the bloodwork. They said everything checked out fine. As far as the urine analysis, Pumpkin didn't have enough in her for a sample, so they couldn't run that.

She's going to be on two medications for ten days. He thinks it's only an infection, but said if anything changes to bring her back in. I'm hoping she continues to do well, as I'd hate to have her go through any more stress.

Karen

[

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Miss New Booty

That's such good news the bloodwork was normal! I hope she does ok with her medicine and she's feeling better in no time! Pumpkin is in my thoughts and prayers!

We took Snuggles to get his urine tested, and they couldn't get a sample from him, either. I think they know where they are going and to not be cooperative kitties!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Jackie, I really do think they know!

The last time she was there was right after we got her to have her spayed. Before that, the vet wrote a note on her chart "be cautious," or something like that. She had whipped her head around the first time and tried to bite the vet! He was so afraid and I thought it was downright hilarious!

Karen

[

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am so glad that Pumpkin has not got anything too serious.. Sending her get well soon vibes..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Glad to hear Pumpkins on the road to recovery hope shes fighting fit again soon

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I'm glad Pumpkin is going to be okay!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Another update for everyone.

I saw Pumpkin drinking water a little bit ago. That also makes me happy. I do think the medication she is on is making her poo a little....gross. Poor kitty missed the litterbox, but it's ok.

Karen

[

Tags
cat food, dry food, poor kitty