My rescue kitty is a nebelung - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

My rescue kitty is a nebelung

I found a pic on the net that looks identical to my rescue kitty. nebelung
I swear they snuck into my home and took a pic of my kitten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

That's a gorgeous kitty.

You know - my sister paid 25 bucks at a pet shop for a "plain old tabby" - and he turned into a beautiful 22 pound Maine Coon. I guess you never know !!

Sharon
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

I didn't know what a maine coon was but I looked it up on the net...Beautiful cat.
I would love this kitty no matter what he looked like, he is such a sweet special kitty! But it's fun that he's so pretty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

That cat is very beautiful It does look like your kitty.Chinhappy your cat is so lucky to have you to care for him.He is a very beautiful cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh what a gorgeous cat!! Just beautiful!
I'd never heard of a Nebelung - that was interesting to read!

He sure is a lucky kitty to have you for sure

[center]

[
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Chinhappy, you never know, he might end up being one! Like SharonM's story, we found a kitten in a tree about three years ago, the tiniest little kitten ever! Well she also turned out being a Maine Coon, or at least she has some in her, she weighs about 20 lbs.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Actually my kitty is prettier than the pic on that website!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

The Nebelung looks like him and like my moms cat Mickey, I need to get a pic of her on here. Sooo cute! How's your kitty doing by the way?

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Dij is doing really great. He is a wonderful friend.

I am getting really nervous because his surgery is to be done in two weeks. The closer I get the worse I feel, it's devistating to think about him going through recovery. His leg really is a great burden for him. He is always hurting it and catching his toes on things. He seems very humiliated when he comes out of the litter box with his dirt on it. He meows to me to clean it. He really trusts me and seems to be very reliant on me. Funny, I never thought of a cat being like that.

He enjoys the company of my rabbit, Lou Lou when he is bored and waiting for me to finish caring for my chins. It's funny because she just lays there while he amusingly bats her tall straight ears around. When he gets tired of floppin the ears about he cleans them for her.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am glad Dij is doing well. I know you must be worried, I would be too. You aren't going to keep him, you seem to like him lots? hehe You may be pretty used to it though, since you do rescue, I bet it is hard though, you know, to let them go. I had read on the site about Dij and how you got him. It makes me so happy that you were there to help the guy out! I couldn't imagine if he had been put to sleep!! He is sooo beautiful! Lou Lou must love him too! Sounds like they get along great. That is so cute that he will clean her ears! Let us know how surgery goes. (Oh, and what will they do in that surgery? Try to fix his leg or apputate(sp) it?)

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 06:59 PM

Yeah, Dij is a gorgeous kitty. And his unique feet/toes makes him even more special. Maybe I missed it, but what surgery is he having again? (I know, I know, tough getting old. )

Tags
litter box, maine coon, pet shop