My Roommates cat is from *beep* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

My Roommates cat is from *beep*

My roommates cat is evil. i swear.

She's about 6 months old so i know they probably go through the evil stage.. but she's crazy. she has stopped attacking everyone all the time but she is now seeking to break glasses. she has broken 3 in the last few days...

She's not clumsy. she's doing it on purpose. she sees a glass on the counter or the middle of the table and jumps up and pushes it off. worse she wants to play with the broken glass.

We were using a squirt gun of water to keep her from being on the counter/table/ iguana cage... but she has grown to like being wet or something. anyway it doesn't work.

I need ideas of how to discipline her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 07:51 PM

LOL good luck. Sounds like my cat Milo. When I lived with my friend in college he would get mad at her and jump on her dresser and meow until she looked at him. Then he would throw every picture she had on her dresser down to the floor one at a time. He's still VERY evil. I even have a new post out there about him because he totally ripped up my arm today when I tried to bring him inside after he ran out. He is so mean....but cuddly at the same time.

On a positive note...sometimes if you yell no really loud or make a loud noise when they are doing something it will deter them. I just remembered that some people try a can with pennies in it or something. I may try that with him. but he may seek revenge if i make him mad!eek:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Im sure not the answer you wanna hear.. but maybe she needs more toys?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Maybe she just needs more attention i don't know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
love ya all on Paw talk

Proud Mommy To

Dog Jewels Chihuahua JackRussel Mix 1 Year Old <3

Kitten Precious Jade
<3 Almost Three Weeks Old

Was A Mommy To
Cat Freckles Rip

Kitten Lucky Ran Away

Cat CQ Rip

Cat Carmel Rip Road Kill

Cat Doger Rip

Dog Bell Got Old Died

Puppy Daughter Of Bell Stormy Died Got Into Poisen

Puppy Sky Daughter Of Bell Died Got Sufficated Under Wood

Hamster Sunny Died To hot Outside Killed it

Hamster Chloe Died Horriable Nightstand Incident

Hamster Lana Died OLd Age

Hamster Midnite Died Idk Why

Hamster Kiara Died Lack Of water but i think old age

Parakeet Keshia Died Idk Why

Parakeet Keet Died Idk Why

Miss Them All terriaballie
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
can't think of one, help

Use a can (with a top on) that has pebbles, coins or something in it and shake it really hard next to them, you must be consistant tho, loud noises work, I have several cans in various places so there is one close by when I need it. Be sure you never use their name though when disciplining. Its very hard but you don';t want them to associate their name with NO
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM

Some cats are just high strung like that. Milo has always had a ton of toys, HUGE cat tree, cat nip toys, puffy balls, squeaky toys, etc but he is still like that. And trust me he gets a TON of attention because he won't have it any other way. He is always on your lap and in your face. kinda cute when he's cuddly, but not always.

Let me know if the can with pebbles in it works. I know yelling no works on him, but he's so sneaky I can't always catch him doing something until it's too late.

Also you said your roommates cat is young so I'm sure you will be able to train her a lot easier than I can train Milo since he is about 5 years old now and very set in his ways. Maybe try a variety of toys and other things to keep her tired out. Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Will It Ever Change?

i have a buddy that has a cat like that. try amusing them by having katnip pockets or some kinda toy ball or mouse. while they're on the counter or dresser, teach them to have the toy with them, then they can throw IT at you and you'll throw it back, not like the pics where you just get angry lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan