Necessary shots for indoor cats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Necessary shots for indoor cats?

Hey guys, my 2 kitties are going to need to get their yearly vet visit pretty soon and I was wondering if shots are really necessary for animals that stay indoors 24/7. (Of course I would get the cats rabies shots at least since that is required by law.) We do have a dog, and she goes with us everywhere, so I'm wondering if she might carry with her a disease or something that the cats could get? Also sometimes neighborhood cats come up to our screen door (which the cats like to sit in front of) so they could possibly interact a little bit, but through a screen. Maybe I'm just being paranoid with that one

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

My Kitties were on a 3 year program, both indoor kitties.
But they did go to the Vet and to the groomers every once and a while. Both places have other cats, so they could get sick from either places.
Also it's better safe then sorry, sometimes indoor cats do make their way outside, one of mine did
Better safe then sorry i feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I'd get all the regular shots if they are coming with contact even through a screendoor... plus, young cats especially find ways to get out when they really want to.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I get my indoor only cat all her shots, you just never know and I never ever want to take the chance

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Adolescent Pup

I agree with everyone else... Better be safe that sorry and you never know when one can accidently get out. I had one of mine accidently get out when she lunged at a bug throught the screen and the screen came out. She had NEVER been out and was terrified!

Handicap kitties ♥ just leave bigger and deeper paw prints on your heart.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Part of the Pack

I would never go with less than the full course of shots. Would you do less for a child? All it takes is one "oops" and your kitty could end up very sick and dying.

Tags
indoor cat, indoor cats, vet visit