New Cat food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

New Cat food

so i took tobbie to the pet store today (cause yes, he is leashed trained) and we were looking at cat food. well the rep for nutro was there and convinced me to try Nutro Max Cat for senior cats (plus she gave me a coupon ) has anyone tried this food before? tobbie was gettin grumpy so i didnt have a chance to read the bag... just wondering if its as good as she was saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Miss New Booty

I haven't personally tried this food for my kitties so I don't have alot of input, but I have heard great things about it, too! How does he like it? Wow, that is so neat he is leash trained!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

It's a decent food. It still contains a lot of filler (corn, rice, wheat) but it doesn't contain by-products.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

I don't know about the cat selection, but I feed Nutro Natural to my dogs and they really like it. It's a good brand overall, I believe.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Nutro is a good brand. If I didn't have my cats already on another good food, I'd definitely have them on the Nutro line.

Karen

[

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I was thinking about switching my cats food too right now shes being weined off of parina one to healthwise which is expenceive, I was wondering about nutro nateral (its less expencive) or should i just spend the extra few dollars for healthwise?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Personally, I would go with Healthwise. It is a much better food.

Candice

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Ok will do my cat likes it and I have 3 1 dollar off coupons lol... College student hence tight on money
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

www.naturapet.com i found this websight it talks about the best kitty and dog foods out there if anyone is thinking of switching there animals food around
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:21 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

Actually, that site is the homepage of Innova, Healthwise, and California Natural. They are all great foods but there are also others that are just as good, like Wellness, Canidae/Felidae, Flint River, etc.

Candice

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

oh thanks I didnt know that. I know I can get the Healthwise and Innova (sp) at a local all natural pet store by my house, they also I have a doggie backery which I think is so funny.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ok I was going to make a new post, but I'll just ask in here.
We got a sample bag of Royal Canin at a cat show, and Pixel looooves it. I have heard it's a good food, but when I checked the label, it looks like a lot of fillers.
What do you guys think?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 04:25 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Within that price range, Royan Canin is one of the best (along with Nutro). However, it does contain a lot of corn and brewer's rice (low quality fillers). There are definitely better foods if you are willing to jump into the next price bracket.

Candice

Tags
cat food, dog food, pet store, royal canin