New here with a new kitty - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation New here with a new kitty

Hello everyone,

My name is Aayden and although I've never been a real cat person, Damien chose me to be his owner and I've fallen in love.

Over the weekend on Saturday night me and my Fiancée went to a friends house to visit and while we were there 8 month old Jacob (Now Damien) would not leave our sides, seeing how much he liked us and that we were giving him lots of love despite knowing I'm a dog person my friend told me to take him. She said she hates to see him go but he seemed to like us and she is seriously having a hard time feeding all the animals after her husband recently losing his job. She proceeded to tell me that if she hadn't found someone to take him she planned to just let him outside.

Well this sweet boy just tugged at my heart strings so I brought him home under the knowledge that yes he was litter trained and no he wouldn't have accidents. Unfortunately I've got a BIG problem on my hands at this point. Damien has refused the litter box. He's eating and drinking fine, showing absolutely no signs of being sick, no yucky looking pee or poop, everything looks normal but he's pooping on the floor under my sisters bed and has also been found peeing and pooping on my four year old daughter and 2 year old sons beds. I don't know what to do. When I catch him in the act I take him straight to the box but he just jumps right out.

Damien is a sweet cat and I love him but he cannot be doing his business in or under peoples beds as this is definitely not appropriate and makes one heck of a nasty laundry schedule for me. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. I was wondering if it was new home stress but Damien has become my shadow and seems very very happy here. As far as taking him to the vet and getting blood work etc he has an apt. for Friday since I set up an apt. with my vet ASAP when I get a new pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

welcome to paw talk.it might be the type of littre that you are using that he doesnt work also try putting him in the littre and scratching his paw in the littre if that doesnt work you may want to get him neutured.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 10:16 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

welcome and congrats on the new kitten!!!

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 PM

What kind of litter was he using with the old owner? Make sure it is the same...Cats are fussy. They don't like change so this may be his way of telling you to get some things back to normal....Just my $.02.

Tags
bad, beds, cat, help!, litter