New kitten!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

New kitten!!

Dan and I have adopted a kitten!

On Monday after our appointment at the doctors, we decided to go to HAWS (we adopted three of our chins from there and our dog) and drop off a picture and story about Harley. Well, I wanted to take a peek at the cats, and sure enough, there was our little Pumpkin. Her original name is "Darla," but she looks like a little pumpkin, hence her new name.

I had to see her. So, I filled out a form for her and handed it in. We went into the interview room and they brought her to us. I fell in absolutel love with her. She's so playful. I can tell already she's going to be a handful.

So, we told them we were very interested. They got some more info from us and said they'd let us know by the next day. We came home from our errands to find a message on our machine. We had already been approved for her!

So, today we went to get her. She is so adorable, and as I said, a handful. She hissed at Harley, but didn't go to attack. I think once she's use to us and the sounds of the house, she'll get along fine with Harley.

Pictures to come later....

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow, that's great! Gotta love crazy kittens

Can't wait for pictures.

Rachel's Zoo:

Fish! ( too many!! )
Cats! (Owen, Marina, Ki'y-Ki'y!)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Wow. I butchered the word absolute. There isn't supposed to be an l at the end. Hehe.

Yeah, she is quite the crazy one. She was play biting me as I was trying to sleep (trying didn't work, I'm not quite tired yet). I was egging it on though. Hehe. She loves purring. She has quite the loud purr for being so tiny. She tried giving kisses I think, but I don't think she's going to be as affectionate as Doodles.

I think once Doodles is use to having another kitty in the house, they're going to be great pals. Then they can gang up on Harley.

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww! She sounds so adorable and sweet! I can't wait to see some pictures!!!! I love the name Pumpkin, too, so cute!
Congrats on your new kitty!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Congrats on finally getting another kitty, I know in time all will get along just great

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Can't wait to see her!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 04:14 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Talking

congrats!!! i bet pumpkin is happy to have you find her! can't wait to see pictures!! she'll be the official halloween kitty!!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 05:03 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

where are the pics??????

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I still have to take some of the little stinker.

I think I may change her name to Devil Cat. I took her to the vet today for a kitten wellness check, and she has to be on meds for ten days. She has coccidiosis.

She was horrible at the vet! She was trying to bite the vet (just play biting mind you) and would generally not cooperate.

Maybe I'll use up the film in my camera today and have the pics developed.

Karen

[