Thank you all!!! That's what I love about this forum, ..I can always count on getting good information, and fast. Yes, I do know first hand just how fast and serious an upper resp infection can take a turn for the worst, I must tell you the story about my 1.5 yr old male polydactyl cat (Spook). We'd first adopted him from the local humane society, and he was already about 1 yr old. After only a few days at our home, his health had went south, ..and fast! I imagine the stress of coming into a new home, plus coming from the humane society where there's such a huge likelyhood of being introduced to an array of other felines with upper resp infections and no sneeze shields, ...all the right elements for something potentially bad to derive from.
Anyway, Spooks health declined southward rather quickly, he had withdrawn from us and found a quite corner where he stayed crouched down close to the floor. He had been profusely druelling (<-- sp?) from both sides of his mouth, and he'd totally quit eating and drinking fluids altogether, ...that's when I knew he was in dire need of immediate vet attention - and with NO DELAY!! Very scary!! I was so worried we were gonna lose him, but the vet gave him a shot of fluids to hydrate him and a shot of inflamitory and super-antibiotics, plus prescribed 1cc. of ammoxicilan per day, ..this gradually brought him back around, along with doing everything within my power to introduce foods with hopes of getting him to eat (..the more smelly, the more appealling, the better).
Spent $1500 throughout the whole ordeal, but it was well worth it. He's very well and just as fiesty as ever these days. However, one of the many things I'd learned during that ordeal (and if I'm wrong, please correct me) was that felines can get better from such an illness, but can still[B] be a carrier of the virus. So I'm wondering if the kitty may have gotten this virus from Spook, ..I dunno, but it's definitely time to see the vet about it.