New Kitty's weird fettish - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Wanted: New Title

Smile New Kitty's weird fettish

Hello fellow Pawtalkers. It has been a while since I last posted. Life has been hectic with my little boy and our new house. I haven't had time to get on much.

While Thomas is napping today, I thought I would share with you about our new kitten's fettish and see if anyone else has encountered this with their cat.

Precious, as we call her, loves to nuzzle in my hair and knead my head and neck at the same time. It is kind of endearing, but at times it can be painful and annoying. Other than that, she is a great pet. She is fairly gentle with Thomas and lets him pick her up. Of course I supervise as I wouldn't want either hurt.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I had a cat that did the same thing. Extremely loving but boy could it be painful and irritating!!! I know exactly what you are talking about. Unfortunately I have no idea if there is a solution. I tried putting other "soft things" for her to knead through around my neck etc but she still found her way to "me".....

FWIW -- It does happen... I've had a cat that does it.... but I have no solution for you :/

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:42 PM

Our cat does it to everybody in the house, he started it when he was a kitten and still does it at 12 years old. I dont know whjy he does it, we have asked the vet and he said cats will do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Newborn Pup

Smile

My aunt had a cat that did that... That cat also sucked on her ear lobe in place of a nipple while kneading in her hair. She enjoyed that her cat was so dependant on her. So, I cannot offer you any solutions either. The reason we surmised for the cat doing this was because it was abandoned as a kitten too early. My aunt was raising it from a bottle and the kitten would pacify itself by kneading in her hair and sucking her ear. It was really cute when it was a kitten, but she did it all of her life.... Good luck to you

May you always have compassion to care for all creatures, great and small...

~~Kristee~~