Newborn kitten - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Newborn kitten

Last wednesday one of my younger friends found a newborn kitten in the middle of the road. It was born that day and was fortunate to have not been run over! Her parents wouldn't let her bring it in the house ( I can't say how mad I was, it was a very cold night) So my husband and I immediately went and picked the poor love up. I stayed up that whole night just watching it and making sure it made it through the night. It did and it started thriving. But sunday morning, it took me forever to get it to eat. Then this morning it had a healthy appetite, but as the day progressed, it was harder to feed it. It got to the point that it would just lie there with the dropper in it's mouth and not move at all. We made a concoction to rehydrate it ( we figured out that it must be dehydrated). We gave it a dropper full of that, then it hungrily ate a couple droppers of food. Which was great, but still not enough. It's still acting a bit lethargic, so I'm up all night watching over it. I am planning on taking it to the vet first thing in the morning. I was just wondering if there are any tips on taking care of it? and is this quite common? I desperately want to do the right thing by this sweet kitten and am willing to take all the advice I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Part of the Pack

I hope this kitten rescue site can help you and others.
http://www.kittenrescue.org/pages.php?pageid=15

R h a p s o d y -

Tags
cat, kitten, newborn kitten