News about Tommy (My Cat) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy News about Tommy (My Cat)

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting very often lately, but there's been a lot going on... Please read...

On June 15th 2002, Thomas Rex (my cat) became missing. He was last seen on that day early in the morning. Tommy was an outside cat. We've tried so many times to get him to be an inside cat, but to no avail! I love him so much, and it's been so hard to except him not being here. I'm sorry for not telling everyone sooner, but I was hoping that maybe he would come back, and instead of making everyone upset, etc.. I just wanted to wait and see...

Sadly, there is only one member left of The Pet Clan (my pets): Squiggy! (Squiggy is an inside cat.) Please understand that I am most definitely for keeping cats inside, it's just that Tommy was very stubborn and loved his independence. Trust me, we've done everything under the sun to get him to be an inside cat.

Anyway, I know some of you may be wondering why I haven't showed any grief about Tommy when I would post on "Paw-Talk" or e-mail people, well one of the main reasons is because the internet is a great place to get away from troubles, and I wanted to leave my grief when I was on-line. I did grieve, and still do.
Thanks everyone for reading this! I truly appreciate it!

Best wishes,
~MusicPawz (Adriana)

Thomas Rex (Tommy)
1994 - 2002
I just can't believe I'm going through this again, it hasn't even been a year yet since I lost Max.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thomasrexhr1.jpg (4.5 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 03:51 PM

Awww, I'm so sorry about Tommy, Adriana!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm sorry for your loss Adriana. I can't imagine how you feel.

Just know you have shoulders to lean on here.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Princess in Waiting

Don't give up yet!

I had a cat who, like Tommy, refused to be an inside cat - unless he wanted to be inside but that's just cats isn't it?

Anyway, he left home and was gone for 6 weeks. A lady called the house and asked my husband if he was ours (thank goodness for the collar and id!) She lived not too far from us and had darted into her house when she got home from work.

He was thin, dehydrated, and thrilled to be home. We always called him the best cat in the world because that's what he was to us. We still miss him.

And I know about the grief. I've lost 2 pets this summer. That's enough - I don't think I can cry any more. If you ever need to talk to someone and don't want to come to the board just PM me and I'll be glad to listen.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 09:45 PM

Music,

I hope your cat comes home to you. I am sorry you are so sad. I hope you feel beter, and if comeing to PT and talking about nothing for a bit makes you feel beter, do it. We are all hee for you either way!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 10:28 PM

I am sorry tio hear about Tommy Adriana, I know how you feel, our 1 year old house cat got out one day almost 2 months ago, we can't find him nowhere. My hubby, kids and I have looked all over including our local animal shelter.

I hope that Tommy comes back home really soon.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your support, and kind words! I can't begin to thank you! Thanks everyone for being there! You guys are real friends! And perhaps Tommy will come home, but being that it's been 3 weeks since his disappearance, I don't know... Oddly, when Tommy became missing, so did two other cats. Now, I don't know if their owners found them or not, but I know I haven't found my cat...
Again thanks everyone!!

~MusicPawz
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 12:08 AM
Proud New Mommy

aww... i can only imagine how you feel.... i really hope u find him- and yes; do not give up. my best wishes and thoughts go out to you two... i hope you find him- where do u live

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Everyone, please refer to my new post (posted June 30th 2002!) called "Re: News About Tommy (my cat)" here in "Chit Chat". Very important please!!!

Tags
animal shelter, local animal shelter