No bowel movement in 2 days for 1 1/2 month old kitten - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

No bowel movement in 2 days for 1 1/2 month old kitten

On Friday we found Trooper under the recliner where his breathing was shallow and he was urinating all over himself...he was given a warm bath and kept dry and start giving him milk...Saturday he looked a little better and I took him to the vet because he was still wobbly when walking around and did not know exactly what was going on with the little guy....explained everything to the vet and they kept him for 24 hours....he started eating good and was playing and looking better however the main 2 problems are he has a hard time keeping his temp up and the other is he has not pooped yet....i have him on a heating pad which is set on medium heat and on top of two towels so its not burning him...he is drinking milk, water, and chicken broth with no problems....he has had a little bit of tuna and while at the vet he ate some soft foods....am i just over reacting or should i be concerned...his temp is pretty good today....but I work Tuesday to Sat and I'm worried about him during the day....any suggestions....and another problem is really finding him a good home because i am moving soon and cannot have pets and im just torn apart....HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Hello Earthling

First what type of milk are you giving him? If it is cows milk can could be what is making him sick(er).

Have you tried being momma and stimulating him to go?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:13 PM

There is a special kind of hairball/constipation meds for cats. You can usually find it at your vets office, though it might be expensive for one tube. It is called Laxatone and comes in several flavors. Is there anything else noticealbly wrong with the kitten? Does he keep food down after he eats or does he vomit? Does he fall down when he walks? Etc.