No dust cat litter? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

No dust cat litter?

Anyone have any suggestions on no dust cat litter? We have a kitty that is extraordinarily sensitive to dust, and her nose gets all congested whenever she has to use the box. Thoughts? Favorites? A google search brought me to pine pellets and Arm & Hammer clumping litter. Agree? Disagree? So far since I've been with this kitty, I've only used paper shavings or pine chips. She used to accept paper shavings, now it appears she isn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
It's all for them

I have read many good things about Dr Elsey's Precious Cat litter. I haven't used it, simply because it is not available to me locally, but I sure wish it was.

I notice they even have a "respiratory relief" version.

http://www.preciouscat.com/our-products-c-1.html

I use a combination of regular clay (very dusty) and Cat's Pride Natural clumping. The Cat's Pride Natural clumping is very low dust. No dust rises up when I pour it in, but if I could get the Precious Cat I would be using that.

Declawing: please read this first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Adolescent Pup

We use 'swheat scoop'. Its natural and totally flushable. heres the link

http://swheatscoop.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:17 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Cell Sorb I have used with small animals but is just a wonderful litter over all.

Swheat scoop was ok (naturally clumps) but was iffy in the odor control department. Can be dusty when poured. Slightly tracks.

World's Best is another good one. The problem I had with it though is it also tends to track but on everything...turning everything yellow. If you are quick to get it up, no problem lol.

My favorite for cat litter was Feline Pine. Hardly tracked, pretty good odor control, and best of all, VERY little dust kick back when poured or ever. Sometimes it can track though but I never had a problem with a lot of tracking when I had three cats.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I've heard of Swheat Scoop; odor control isn't really necessary IMO, after using paper shavings for virtually all of my pets at one point or another, odor hardly bothers me anymore. Being dusty when poured shouldn't be an issue, I don't pour in fresh litter in the same room as the cats - just so long as it isn't dusty when stirred around, it should theoretically be fine.

Ick - if World's Best turns stuff yellow that's a no-go. With a 4 month old now, I'm completely not quick to clean up anything anymore, lol.

Feline Pine is pine pellets, isn't it? Just uniquely named. I used to use Equine Fresh for my small animals, and I loved it. I didn't think of using pellets as litter for cats, because I figured they'd want something soft to scratch around in, not hard and round.

Never heard of Dr. Elseys... according to their product finder it's only available at Petsmart near here, but I refuse to go there for any reason based on the condition of their animals every time I've gone there, and the seeming lack of care by the employees. Thanks for the suggestion, though, :/
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm going to recommend Cell Sorb too, works perfectly for my auntie..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

My cats seem to find their pellet litter a perfect scraping place *glares at Skooma*

I don't use brand anything, however. Instead I use pellet stove pellets which are $5 a bag, no dust, don't smell, readily available, suuuuuuper absorbent, and safe if the rabbit decides he wants a nibble.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Newborn Pup

We like Beth Anne's Finest -- it's great. All natural, no dust!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks guys! I'll look out for those things. I used to use "Equine Fresh" for my rabbit and guinea pig, but didn't think cats would like digging around in wood pellets. It's nice to know otherwise.