Not sure what to make of my female - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Not sure what to make of my female

Lately my 8 month old female shylo has been licking tape, the rolly thing(to get hair off your clothes) and anything that is sticky. Not sure why she does it she is never bored she's got toys to play with, has sylvester,barley,new rabbit and harley to play with as well as i give her attention every day as she sleeps with me under the blankets all the time. She doesn't seem to be in pain or anything as i am always checking to see if she is ok. Can anyone give me idea's on why she is doing this? It doesn't bug me at all but it's just kinda weird that she does this but she has always been a strange little girl when i first got her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 10:50 AM
can't think of one, help

I had a cat that did that too, in fact she was so addicted to it she could actually hear me taking the roll off the hook and ran from wherever she was. I don't know what's up with some of them. I now have kitties that lick the window blinds, eat dust and lick plastic bags. Its nuts and annoying cause I'm constantly having to stop them. Rainbow was chewing up baskets, when she started on their wicker bed, I got out the bitter apple. So far that has helped
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I am wondering if it just feel's good on her tongue. She is the first cat i have had that has done that but my other cat sylvester lick's bag's(he was born on the street) his mom use to lick bag's as well but i am thinking it was just a way to get some type of food since he does it only with bag's that have had food in it. I am starting to think i will use the bitter spray i have but only at night since it get's annoying specially when she does it at 1 o'clock in the morning. She hasn't gone so far as to lick the blinds or eat dust but i recently got a rabbit and she's been eating pieces of his timothy/alfalfa hay.

Tags
licking, shylo, stick things