Oliver Chewed Up My Jeans! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Angry Oliver Chewed Up My Jeans!

Has anyone ever heard of a cat who chews up clothing? If not, now you have. Oliver chewed a bunch of holes in a pair of $60 Hurley jeans. They were my favorite pair It was my own fault for leaving them out. I just don't get this kitty sometimes! He has an obsession with chewing. He's crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I shouldn't be laughing but I can't help it. I have never heard of a cat chewing through jeans! What the heck? Sounds like you have a little termite on your hands.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh man Steph!!!! Oliver sure likes to chew things!! I wonder why that is? Smokie likes to chew boxes, and stuff like that, but nothing like Oliver. I can't believe he chewed through jeans!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My cat never chews on stuff like that. My dog? yes but never has my Dottie cat ever chewed anything up! That's crazy!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Bubbles and Pickles love to chew on boxes, paper, and stuff like that, we have never had a chewing problem with Tator....now some of our foster kittens in the past have chewed up some of our shirts that were folded on our dressers.......not so nice when you go to put on what you think it is a freshly cleaned shirt

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Maybe Ollie is a dog trapped in a cats body?

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

lol carm! that's what i'm thinking. wow. i've never heard of this. i'm sorry veggers!!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Playful Pup

WOW your CAT chewed your jeans!! I agree. . . must be part pup. My dog Chloe chewed a whole in my fav T-shirt so I know how ya feel.

~Bev~

"Relationships are like broken glass. Sometimes it's better to leave it broken than to hurt yourself trying to put it back together."
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Lol you guys. I think he is a dog in a cat's body! What a weirdo! I was mad about the jeans but I can't stay mad at him for long! He's such a cutie and such a silly boy. He went out on the patio today and jumped on the wall. We live on the second story and he straddled the wall like he does with everything else! Ollie is such a goof. He's not afraid of anything.

I just wish they weren't my favorite pair! Oh well, you can replace jeans but you can't replace a kitty like Ollie!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Part of the Pack

I haven't seen a cat ever do that! I had one that would drag clothes around to her place she wanted to take a nap at.
Sunny don't chew clothes but likes to give love nibbles.
Sorry about your jeans, but it is funny!

Don't you just love cats! Thanks for sharing.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I sympathise with you!

Gerona eats wool! It's like living with the world's largest moth, of which MOTH BALLS do not affect!

To this day, she has ruined about 11 sweaters (two of which were my absolute FAVOURITE! you know you can't replace sweaters that make you look thinner! ), a pair of socks, and hubby's 40€ ($50) Thinsulate ski hat!

We have to keep a LOCK on our closet because Gerona can open the doors with a lot of trying. Life is hard with the Moby Schmoo.

If Gerona and Ollie got together, I bet they'd have a "Let's see how much we can destroy" competition!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja
If Gerona and Ollie got together, I bet they'd have a "Let's see how much we can destroy" competition!
Seriously! Crazy kitties.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face Jeans

Hey Steph, arn't jeans with holes in the latest fashion? Over here they seem to be wearing them, its the 80's look back again, I remember it well!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEBUNNY

Hey Steph, arn't jeans with holes in the latest fashion? Over here they seem to be wearing them, its the 80's look back again, I remember it well!
LOL. No I don't think its in fashion here. Especially the kind of holes he made lol. Too bad.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Just do like my great-grandmother would do to all her grandkids (and great-grandkids): put a patch over the hole! You might have 20 different patches all in weird places, but by stars! they are still wearable.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!